how to understand the opponent´s strategy

i like my team to change their strategy (control-counter-attack or overload usually)

but in order to decide the best strategy for my team i must understand what strategy the opponents are using (example : it is not clever to use COUNTER if the others are using DEFENDING OR CONTAINING)

unfortunately i cant really understand when and what tactic the cpu is adopting...

any tips

cheers

It helps if you watch the game on extended, for instance if they are closing you down up the pitch and they are passing the ball around with very little time wasting after a free kick or goal kick they are using a attacking strategy, if they are playing narrow and you can see that they are just sitting deep they are probably playing defensive/counter.

Just look for that sort of indication, width,time wasting,forward runs,etcs.. basically watch how your team behave when you use the different strategies, the AI will behave the same way.

The average position drop-down in the analysis tab is also pretty useful. If it could show the last 15 minutes then it would be really useful. It'll give you an indication of width and depth though as well as an indicator to player roles (i.e. wide mids or wingers etc, which striker is most advanced, which is the holding midfielder etc)

Archived