team form destyroyed in last few games of promotion

Hi my team keeps on finishing second and our form goes down the pan when the championship is on the line..many time finishing second rather than first for no real reason. any ideas on how i can prevent the slide as we have four games left and all our good work is coming undone yet again

cheers

i am managing chorley. we are now in blue square north after acheiving two promotions in 3 years. We have been outstanding all season with only boston being able to match us. I am playing with sparks master tactic and have been following his advice all season. We went through a dry spell lots of draws so interacted with all the players and told them to train harder, they responded. i give pre match advice individually and have set match prep to none on average as recommended by master sparks. We dont have any injuries but all of a sudden my team which has scored morte goals than any team in the four seasons of the blue square north can no longer score. We have been terrible of late hardly getting involved in the games. this seems to happen every season about this time of year. I have considered using a different tactic to through of the AI, and am looking for any help to get through this spell. My players have got promotion twice before so i think they should cope with stress. i rarely give pre match interviews.

any help?

I'd say it's a morale issue but it could be anything really.

Edit: Didn't see your post before I posted :).

Maybe teams recognize your new reputation and start playing defensive against you. If you already have all your match preparation bars filled none will do absolutely nothing for you. I would put it on attacking movement to break the more defensive sides you play against or put it on attacking setpieces to grab a goal from the amount of setpieces you get when playing against defensive opponents.

If they are not defending against you but instead beating your defense with a strong attack consider playing more defensive or setting match prep on defensive positioning.

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but it sounds like they're running out of steam. Did you give your players a pre-season training schedule and rotate the squad a little during the season? Try using one or two players that will be a bit more fresh. Maybe someone else can be a bit more helpful, but that's all I can think of right now. Especially since you've done this twice before. You get players playing with confidence and looking motivated in the morale widget in game?

Install Genie Scout and look at the jadedness of your players to see if they get high value....It's not cheating, it's just understand what arrives to your team and find a solution. Perhaps it's a trouble of squad rotation, perhaps you don't care about natural fitness of your players and let them play too many minutes in one season. So first, check about that and tell us result.

i use to rotate a lot but have cut this down to a large extent i will give that a go, also i will have a look at genie scout., i never thought that they could play to many minutes, and become jaded.

my players confiedence is poor at the mo i usually use i have faith for those with good or worse levels. will check morale widget.

thanks for all the help

Archived