Mentality, Creative freedom, Closing down. How does it work?

Greetings,

I'm a newbie on FM, started when FM 11 came out. So I want to know how Mentality, Creative freedom and Closing down work? I don't know if it exists any posts about this but if it exists any can you guys link on this thread. Thank you!

There are a ton of posts on this lot, but they are bundled in with many other things..... but they are out there.

Mentality - determines (in my opinion) A) where in relation to their own position they play B) Their risk vs reward ratio

Creative Freedom determines how likely they are to use their own judgement vs your instrucitons

Closing down determines how far from their own position they are likely to close down the ball carrier.

Please note that these are very general interpretations for a new player, but I highly advise you to research a little more.

Regards

LAM

Mentality also changes the mentality of the player. Setting a defenders mentality high will make him defend more agressively and when he has the ball he will look to build an attack. If you give him a low mentality he will hold a defensive position and and when he wins the ball back he the first thing on his mind will be getting the ball out of risk and will be more likely to just hoof it away to safety. Players with higher mentality will also take more risk when passing the ball or when trying to win the ball back and in general will be more attacking minded.

Archived