Attacking corners, question about my setup

Hello everyone,

I am not getting any (literally) goals in from corners.

Playing n1 league. Version is 1.3.

The guy set to "attack far post" has Heading 13, Jumping 17 (!) and is 196cm (!) tall.

The guy doing the corner kicks has Corner-Kicks 16.

The setup is always to far post. One is attacking far post (see above), another strong 'header' is standing on the far post, one is attacking the keeper, and 3 are "go forward". One lurks outside area, rest stay back.

Sometimes a defender heads the ball, sometimes the keeper katches the ball, sometimes the ball is headed by my guy but over the goal (the last thing happens very often). As far as I can remember the keeper never even had to catch the ball from my player attacking the far post. Could this give me a hint?

Important: I am not asking for a fool-proof setup. Now that wouldnt be fun, would it? Scoring in 1 out of 10-30 would be totally fine. So if you say "fiddle around with it a bit and good stuff will happen" then I am quite happy, because thats what the game is about. All I am asking for is the clarification that I dont have some fundamental wrong asumptions. I dont want to fiddle around with it the whole next season just to figure out in npower league 1 no one scores corners or something :).

Just so you know, height has nothing to do with the mechanics of jumping in this game. Two players qith 16 jumping who are 196 and 170cm tall will acheive the same level in their jumping.

Try swinging the ball in from the other foot.

Just so you know, height has nothing to do with the mechanics of jumping in this game. Two players qith 16 jumping who are 196 and 170cm tall will acheive the same level in their jumping.

Try swinging the ball in from the other foot.

No, they won't IIRC. The one who is 196 won't have to jusmp at all to win a header against the one who is 170.

Archived