Gabriel Obertan - £10m

Benoit Costil - £2.5m

Lulinha - £3.6m

Some young regens

Transfers Out

Kader Keita - £22m

Milan Baros - £6m

Some freebies

Made a £3m profit so far on summer sales and signings icon14.gif so much for it being quiet icon_wink.gif.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 points clear at the top after only 16 games icon_biggrin.gif

So far this summer:

Transfers In

Juan Roman Riquelme - £2.9m

Serge Gakpe - £5.5m

Gabriel Obertan - £10m

Benoit Costil - £2.5m

Lulinha - £3.6m

Some young regens

Transfers Out

Kader Keita - £22m

Milan Baros - £6m

Some freebies

Good signings and sales wisla icon14.gif THo i wouldnt have bought both Gakpe and Obertan when you have Ben Arfa, Govou and Menez already. One would have done imho. And great price for Gakpe icon14.gif

Originally posted by glory utd:

One word.....

BENZEMA! icon_biggrin.gif

That's strange, in my first season I beat PSG 3-0 at home with Benzema scoring a hat-trick! icon_biggrin.gif

Rejected a £42.4m bid for him from AC Milan aswell in the summer icon_cool.gif.

ood signings and sales wisla THo i wouldnt have bought both Gakpe and Obertan when you have Ben Arfa, Govou and Menez already. One would have done imho. And great price for Gakpe

Well I think I might sell Govou in a year or so if I get good money, plus I don't have many strikers, so will have to double up with Menez/Obertan/Ben Arfa playing up there, so think I have a good mix.

Just played the return group stage match vs ac, drew 1-1 again, pirlo scoring a pen for them and the goal i got was in the 93rd minute and was identical to govous goal vs rangers icon_biggrin.gif

Benzema burst through the defence and rifled a shot at the keeper who paried it and Govou came in to tuck it away icon_biggrin.gif Benzema and govou were both brought on as subs too so the conclusion is that im a genious icon_biggrin.gif

wisla

great opening season mate icon14.gif and offcourse also on your second champion trophy

keita : great money but i would ask more, in my game he is a worldplayer already and he kicks ass at amr, but its your game icon_smile.gif

nani isn't as good as on last version so don't buy him, obertan is a great option imo and def. cheaper, also gouffran is great

your transfers look great and when you have to many just send out on loan always good to make some money later on

benzema easy 60 mil pounds so that would be somewhere between 80 and 90 mil euro

sell govou mate he is utter crap for such a large wage (imo)

glory

i see that toulouse is performing really well in your game like in mine and also in wisla's game seeing that they played the final of the cup

Originally posted by purefun:

wisla

great opening season mate icon14.gif and offcourse also on your second champion trophy

keita : great money but i would ask more, in my game he is a worldplayer already and he kicks ass at amr, but its your game icon_smile.gif

nani isn't as good as on last version so don't buy him, obertan is a great option imo and def. cheaper, also gouffran is great

your transfers look great and when you have to many just send out on loan always good to make some money later on

benzema easy 60 mil pounds so that would be somewhere between 80 and 90 mil euro

sell govou mate he is utter crap for such a large wage (imo)

Yeah Keita was alright in my game, but never first choice, Ben Arfa and Menez too good for him to get into the team.

I've sent a few out on loan, Adrien has gone to Cottbus for the season and Lulinha and Oliveira (regen keeper) are at Albacete, hopefully can get the last 2 Spanish WPs soon.

But I only have 2 of my 4 foreigner slots filled this season (Cris and Fred), so should be fine for them to return next season if needed, but probably will send them to Albacete again.

Hmm, down to a thread-bare midfield and strike force, and the season hasn't even started yet!

This is because of the Olympics, which has called 5 of my first teamers away, and injuries, which are keeping a further two out.

Forced to call Acapandie into the first team until they get back, playing Briand + anyone atm icon_biggrin.gif.

Zarate went to Racing earlier in the summer icon13.gif.

However we beat Toulouse 3-0 in our first game of the season icon14.gif Riquelme, Gakpe and Acapandie with the goals, problem might not be as bad as first feared.

I have £15m in the bank, with £7m to spend. Looking a look better than last season, was losing lots of money, down to £5m budget at one point before end of season saved me.

Both my parents used to work in banks so i think thats where i get my awareness of financial problems from and value loans and frees etc. Take Flamini for example. I got him on loan knowing he willl be a good back up and also that his contract runs out at the end of the season. Guess where hell be playing his football next season icon_biggrin.gif

My first match using the 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 depending on how you look at it (AMR and AML) I was away to Caen. I won 3-0 creating 28 shots with 16 on target, having 56% possession and 85% pass completion. So far so good.

I try to adopt 4-4-2 into my system, I have 3 main tactics that I rotate (and the game has nicknamed me a "tinkerman" for it).

I play either a 4-4-2, a 4-2-2-2 with 2 CMs and a AML and AMR, or a 4-1-2-1-2, with a DMC, an LM and RM and an AMC. Worked well over the last season, at least kept my opponents guessing what I would play with icon_wink.gif.

However looks like I won't need a striker, Fred has just returned from injury.

Just played my second game with the tactic away to shaktar in the final cl group match, i had already qualified so threw out some youth and backup as usual and drew 1-1, KMP getting the goal and schwechlen looked good too. I was a bit disapointed to throw away the lead but i guess that probably wouldnt happen if i had more experience on the pitch. Anyway it was -5 degrees icon_eek.gif and was snowing, tbh i thought all my youth would get frostbite or something icon_biggrin.gif

wisla

sell samba, good profit and better around imo, you could mensah from rennes and still have a lot in the bank (seeing that you are talking finances)

they call me the tinkerman to mate love it when that message appears icon_biggrin.gif

good striker that gignac from toulouse is looking awesome in third season don't know about the price though, or maybe go for kardec

glory

schalke is an easy team to draw, just overrun there midfield and game over

quick update currently 31 august 2009

guess what couldn't keep my hands in my pockets, had to spend all of my little money and oh no it had to be a striker (what was i thinking) but guess what you know who i bought, yes yes yes its BRIAND, me so lucky and he only cost me 19.5 mil euro

so have six strikers now, i'll rotate them and play aaritalo as aml and everything solved

season is going well, 4 wins and one draw

already one Champions Trophy as somewhere above said

European Supercup or something had to be played in monaco against Juventus, and yes i won 0-1 (keita), tbh juve was nowhere totally owned them icon14.gif

lots of players loaned out f.e. saivet (only 18) is at nice, he played 4, scored 6 in league, played 2 in europe, scored 2 and assist 2, he is going to be great next season when he is back icon_cool.gif

for the rest i didn't sign anyone there was not one regen who wanted to come, go figure

Bah Liverpool interested in Squillaci, I kindly told them where to stick it.

At the first of January now and seeing who will be available for free at the end of the season and seing who i can offer a pre contract to. Briand available for 10m now but still not going for him until the end of the season or might do a deal for the end of the season, definetely dont want to sign anybody on an immediate transfer.

Im top in the league as i have been for ages, played 20, won 14, drawn 5 and only lost that one game to Toulouse (My only loss in all competitions) Only conceded 8 goals in those 20 matches too. Toulouse are second, now 5 points behind and Sochaux 3rd 10 points back and then Bordeaux in 4th 13 points back. Only see toulouse as a team that could catch me and tbh expect them to drop points in the next two months leaving me an easy run in.

Sorry for triple post icon_frown.gif

The main players that suit my needs are Pasanen, Kehl, Vranjes, Flamini and Riquelme of whom only Pasenen and Vranjes are currently interested in signing. I would only get one of Kehl, Flamini and Vranjes as I only want one really defensive cm, my preference is Flamini beacuase he's french really. Pasenen is arguable because he's pretty good but i dont really need him. Riquelme i probably wont sign.

So, any opinions / advice?

Jeremy Toulalan just broke his leg playing for France icon_frown.gif have a lot of midfield cover, but still a big loss.

The main problem is the pricing for players, Mensah has gone to Newcastle and they won't sell for less than £30m, Gignac won't go for £15m+ and I'd have to fork out around £11m for Kardec. Luckily, France got knocked out of the Group Stages of the Olympics, so all my players are now returning icon14.gif.

The main players that suit my needs are Pasanen, Kehl, Vranjes, Flamini and Riquelme of whom only Pasenen and Vranjes are currently interested in signing. I would only get one of Kehl, Flamini and Vranjes as I only want one really defensive cm, my preference is Flamini beacuase he's french really. Pasenen is arguable because he's pretty good but i dont really need him. Riquelme i probably wont sign.

I would go for Flamini too because of the French connection.

Don't go for Pasanen if you don't need him, though it depends on how much he would go for, if he's cheap then you might aswell.

Has Riquelme been playing for Villarreal? He only played about 5 games all season for them on my save, and was transfer listed by request so I managed to get him quite cheaply.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

Don't go for Pasanen if you don't need him, though it depends on how much he would go for, if he's cheap then you might aswell.

Has Riquelme been playing for Villarreal? He only played about 5 games all season for them on my save, and was transfer listed by request so I managed to get him quite cheaply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are all available for free at the end of the season, otherwise i wouldnt buy any. So now that you know that, opinions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

Has Riquelme been playing for Villarreal? He only played about 5 games all season for them on my save, and was transfer listed by request so I managed to get him quite cheaply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are all available for free at the end of the season, otherwise i wouldnt buy any. So now that you know that, opinions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I would go for Kehl, Pasanen, Flamini and Riquelme if they are free.

Talking about broken legs ....... icon_frown.gif

Clerc has broken his so thats him done for the rest of the season. I only have Emanuelson and Reveillere for full backs now. Zubar is transfer listed but since i have clerc and reveillere i dont want a permanent rb, i put in a loan offer tho. I am also lloking into Armand Traore, he would be good enough cover and im in need of a second lb anyway. Arsenal are after a keeper so i made a cash plus Vercoutre offer. Remember Vercoutres contract expires at the end of the season anyway so i wouldnt mind letting him go 6 months early. Lets see what happens ..........

I'm very annoyed, as the registration deadline passed, FM changed all my squad numbers icon_mad.gif.

If I wanted Jimmy Briand to have the no.13 shirt I would have set that myself ffs, he already had no.19.

No way of fixing this now until next window unless I use an external tool like FMM which iirc can change squad numbers icon_frown.gif.

Having Barzagli and Zapata playing side by side is a joy to behold if you decide to watch a full game. Ratings only tell half the truth, they intercept anything when playing zone, and the erase their man completely when instructed to tight mark them. Good fun!

I'm in November of the second season, atop of teh league 4 points clear of Nice and 7 ahead of 3rd placed Sochaux.

In the CL, it's been easy so far, beat Bremen easily 2-0 at home, scored a late goal to beat Sporting CP 1-0 in Portugal and won 2-1 against Partizan Belgrade at home. I have 9 points, Partizan have 6, while the Germans and teh Portuguese are dead last with just 1 point. I've practically qualified already...

Lost Bodmer to a broken ankle for 2 months, Juninho is showing his age, but the defense is amazing and Benzema can't stop scoring... 9 goals in 8 league games!

Coupet seems ageless, his physical stats are naturally dropping but his technical ones are actually rising!!! Enyeama gets the odd game here and there to be at the ready just in case.

Keita, in 2007/2008 had 17 goals, 14 assists , 7 MoMs and an average rating of 7.61 in 38 games in all competitions, but his 4 month injury during late last season and the summer has slowed him down, he's only averaging 6.50 this year and Govou is playing out of his mind... Tough call right there...

Had Flamini on loan already, saw his price was low, so I bought him officially for 3.5m Euros.

Banega is playing well for Nancy, Stancu and Torje are leading Wolfsburg and Rostock into good Bundesliga showings, and the youngsters are all developing nicely. Sosning is starting for Auxerre, Wijnaldum is tearing the U18s league apart, while Miralem Pjanic is already at age 18 one of teh best performers in Ligue 2. The future seems bright.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

The main problem is the pricing for players, Mensah has gone to Newcastle and they won't sell for less than £30m, Gignac won't go for £15m+ and I'd have to fork out around £11m for Kardec. Luckily, France got knocked out of the Group Stages of the Olympics, so all my players are now returning icon14.gif.

your lucky i had to miss them till the final which they won, benzema topscorer with a lot of goals if i remember correctly

glory

sign zubar for that money you could easily sell him next season for about 6 mil

Ok i offered the £2.2m and it was accepted and have offered a contract. This means in the summer i will have to sell one of zubar and reveillere, i definetely want to keep clerc. Ahh, i think i might try reveillere because he is a bit older, but really this depends on if i sign traore in the summer. Reveillere can cover both sides so if i dont get a second lb i will want him.

Finished the second season, and it was a great success...

Won the league by 11 points, Rennais came second and St. Etiennne third.

Won the French Cup, beat Toulouse 2-1 in the Final.

Also beat Lorient 2-0 to win the League Cup.

Domestic treble, and an easy one at that!

In the CL, won all 6 games in the Group Stage against Partizan, Sporting Cp and Werder Bremen.

I then beat CSKA Moscow 4-0 on aggregate, Sevilla 5-3 on aggregate and drew Barcelona in the Semis. Won 1-0 at home, but they played better in the return leg and won 3-1 to go to the Final. Man Utd beat them 5-3(!!!) in Rome to keep the trophy in england after Chelsea won it in 2008.

As far as performances go, Briand started off slowly and the fans were moaning, but he soon turned it around and he ended up scoring 26 goals in 47 games total. He is now a team favorite and he considers Lyon his favorite club.

Menez had a breakout season and scored quite a few goals, Benzema had a very good season although injury-marred, Grosso was solid as always despite being 31, Zapata was awesome and scored alot from headers, Barzagli was solid and spectacular captaining the side.

Keita had a drop in performance relative to his first year, but he still played well enough.

Not many changes personnel-wise for the 2009/2010 campaign:

Players Out:

Ben Arfa - West Ham - 25m Euros

Enyeama - Zaragosa - 12m (bought him for a mere 500k 2 years ago,hehe)

Banega,Wijnaldum,Sakho,Pjanic,Saivet,Merida are all slowly turning into class players and are currently out on loan for more experience. Banega,Wijnaldum and Sakho are first team material already but there was no place for them this year.

Players In:

Oscar Ustari - Getafe - 22.5m Euros

Andre-Pierre Gignac - Toulouse - 16.25m

Lassana Diarra - Arsenal - 4.9m

Steve Mandanda(GK) - Le Havre - Free

Garry Bocaly - Marseille - Free

Sebastien Roudet (AML) - Valenciennes - Free

Bogdan Stancu - Wolfsburg - Return from Loan

Gabriel Torje(wonderkid) - Rostock - Return from Loan

LYON 2009/2010 Depth Chart:

GK: Ustari - Mandanda - Coupet

DR: Eboue - Clerc - Samba

DL: Grosso - Mathieu - Brechet

2xDC: Barzagli© - Zapata - Samba - Brechet

2xMC/DM: Makoun(VC) - Diaby - Flamini - Diarra

AMR/FC: Keita - Govou - Stancu

AML/FC: Menez - Torje - Roudet

AMC: Matias Fernandez - Bodmer - Benzema

FC: Benzema - Briand - Gignac - Stancu

Dweaver You sold Ben Arfa??!! Doh!!

Anyway, your game , have been tempted in the past to sell Benzema on previous games, which would have got a Doh! from everyone as well!!

Anyway, Haven't played all week, so getting withdrawal symptons now (sweaty palms, headaches, vomiting, drowsiness etc!!!),. Hence my lack of contribution this week.

I'm mid January 2010. De sanctis has solved my GK dilemma, by turning down a new contract and signing a pre-contract with Fenerbahce. I have agreed some pre-contracts, namely with Yohan Cabaye (DM) from Lille, and Fabiano Santacroce (DC) from Brescia. Juninho is refusing a new contract at the mo, but is still playing pretty well.

Will give an end of transfer window update later.

By the wayGloryutd are you a Zep fan?? Was just looking at your location.

Sold ben Arfa because he was only getting 6.80 averages teh first two seasons and I needed to make room for upcoming youngsters Wijnaldum and Pjanic from next season on.

Ustari has been a revelation so far, 7.50 average rating in 10 games, and with Barzagli plus Zapata in front of him I rarely concede unless the game has already been decided in my favor.

Makoun , attribute wise, has become the new Pirlo with better defensive abilities, and Bodmer is a great all around midfield whom I have retrained to occasionally play as a TM up front.

Can't get any more feeder clubs. I've got 6. Yverdon, Saint Paul, Leixoes, Lokeren, Albacete and Modena, but the chairman says i don't need any more. Had this problem on the previous 07 game for Lyon as well. Any advice?

Looks like everyone's still doing well! We need some more CL victories!

Not really had the chance to play over the last few days but am still walking all over the French league in 2009/2010. Got possibly the easiest CL group I've ever had with Heerenveen, Getafe and Steaua Buch. Won the first game at home to Heerneveen 1-0 despite having had 2 men sent off. Lost Costil to Milan and got Remy Riou as a replacement. My spanish centre back, who I think was a regen, was kicking up a fuss about competition for places while performing pretty horribly so I sold him for £4m (a month after getting him on a free) and replaced him with David Luiz from Benfica. Bought Loic Perrin back to France form Ajax as well. Coupet is off to Sampdoria in Jan.

My depth chart is now:

GK: Riou, Jourdren, Coupet, Delle

DR: Alves, Reveilleire

DL: Grosso, Esparza

DC: Luiz, Delpierre

DC: Gallas, Coloccini

DMC: Makoun, Benega, Zola

MC: Bodmer, Perrin

MC: Ben Arfa, Juninho

AMR: Gouffran, Torje

AML: Menez, Ben Arfa, Esparza

FC: Benzema, Amauri, Saivet

7 of my first 11, including all my attacking players are french and expect for LB I could easily have an all french XI. Schwechlen, Abenzoar, Saunier are all doing well on loan (at Socheaux, Porto and someone else I forget). I have another 18 yo DMC who's going to be very good, a 16 yo regen MC who gets 5* for potential. Only negative is that 4 good 16yo regens in france keep turning me down and it's doing my head in, my U-18s are struggling.

Quick update on my game won domestic treble 1st season now half way trough 2nd season and doin good in all comps so far top of the league by 6 points and scoring loads of goals play a 4-2-2-2 with amr and aml heres my team

Gk Coupet / Riou

Dr Clerc / Reveillere

Dl Grosso / Pander

Dc Barzagli / Squalici

Dc Cris / Thicot

Mc Juninho/ Toulalan

Mc Bodmer / Kallstrom

Amr Menez / Keita

Aml Ben Arfa / Saivet

Fc Benzema / Fred

Fc Briand / Cassano (loan)

Archived