FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Glory

Great update back on page 73, but I wonder where you go the idea to structure it like that? icon_wink.gif

Despite all the players you have sold due mostly to the chairman, you have assembled a very good looking squad. You've also got some very good young players out on loan, so the future looks very bright.

(Be sure to keep hold of Frederic Nimani as he becomes unreal!)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bodmer is actually good all over the place tbh. Great player.

Do you guys think he would be a good captain?

Thinking of changing my captain and vice next season. Bodmer and Squillaci being the ones.

Originally posted by purefun:

Bodmer is actually good all over the place tbh. Great player.

Do you guys think he would be a good captain?

Thinking of changing my captain and vice next season. Bodmer and Squillaci being the ones.

purefun

I've got him as my captain with Coupet as vice captain, and I've not noticed any change in results/the way we play so can't be a bad thing.

purefun, tomtuck, hopey anybody thats past first season....

Can you tell me if Ederson is any good?

I've never used him in past saves as theres been no need and is usually sold when he comes back from his loan, but because of these rules that I'm playing with he may be worth a go.

So any good?

Who does he compare to ?

Answers on a postcard please"!

He performs quite well, but I used him as a squad player/backup to bodmer etc.

Once he settles he should be a good player for you, definatly one to keep squad wise unless you get a good offer icon_smile.gif

Can't harm trying him eh? icon_wink.gif

He is like a poorer mans version of Bodmer attacking wise, but he is no means terrible he is above average I would say :>

Ok so I've only really got Kieta who can play right wing for my Lyon team. Wijnaldum + Menez can play there but they are needed for left wing and amc.

Any recommendation? Need to avoid foreigners. Cheers.

I'm on 8.02.

Had a look at Gourcuff but doesn't look like he could cut it. Won the league, champions league and french cup last season so I really need more quality. Here's a ss of my squad at the moment.

currentsquad.jpg

And here's my transfers at the end of season 2

huntelaar.jpg

Couldn't resist buying Huntelaar, was unhappy at Ajax and wanted a bigger challenge so yea...I have Fred, Benzema and Huntelaar as my main strikers at the moment. As you can see I sent Saivet out on loan. Actually did really well last season, scoring I think 15 in 20 games. The tactic I currently use only uses a lone striker though so I'm thinking I might have to sell someone! Although he did really good last season and I'm sure he can only improve I might sell Fred, purely because his value has jumped up to £19 million.

Hi, just about to start my first ever Lyon game on the 8.0.2 patch.....

do you have any suggestions where I need to strength the squad/team and what formation I should go for? Looks like I've been given £9mil transfer budget to start with.....

Ask for more money from the board, unless you have given yourself a lower repuation you usually get handed a kitty of around £25-30Million.

There are quite a few posts on what needs to be strengthened but I can't remember what page number there on now haha. Just briefly I would say you should look to strengthen

CB - Definatly need another class CB to go with Squillaci.

GK - Coupet is out injured so you need a good goalie either as cover or permant number 1#

ST - Only Benzema and Fred at the start so look for another striker,

^ That is just a real brief guide, myself tomtuck, purefun and possibly some others have given a more in depth guide to what needs strengthening but its a few pages back, I think purefun knows what page number tomtucks guide is on.

Oh btw welcome icon_wink.gif

Saudinho

Yes ask for more they will give it.

GK : No need to reinforce imo. Vercoutre is just fine and when Coupet returns you've got a great gk. You could buy Costil if you wish and loan him out for a season.

Defence : Due to injuries this is the area to improve most. First try to sell Boumsong, Muller, Anderson when he returns too. Buy Felipe, Barzagli, Samba, Mathieu, Delpierre, Bellaid ...

Midfield is the strongest area. Menez, Gouffran are a couple of options if you wish.

Strikers, well you've got Benzema who is great and Fred although tuned down a lot still scores plenty. Bojan is the first you go after (loan). Cavani is a young option that you could buy too. Will be great later on. Briand (after two seasons) and Gignac are good too. Also Grax is cheap option.

Youth : just buy them all icon_biggrin.gif Sankhare, Saivet, Tuia, Saunier, Sakho, Pjanic, Le Tallec D., Acapandie ... and many more.

Thanks very much HoPeY an purefun!

Will look to go after the youth and start by beefing up the defence!

What about formation? I often play a 4-3-3 with a defensive midfielder and attacking wingers......this would probably suit the players Lyon have would it?

Originally posted by lennon696:

Can someone post screenies of any good Team Formation/Team Instructions they succesfully use? icon_wink.gif

Everybody has there own formation and instructions that they find succesful,

From what I can remember other people p[lay..

4-4-2

4-2-3-1

4-3-3

4-1-4-1

3-5-2

And theres probably more, just use what you prefer using most.

4-4-2 modified

4-1-3-1-1 modified

4-5-1 modifed

Are "win" for me, but I create my own system with tactics so each to there own. I remember a few people using that kizmiz or whatever its called tactic to good affect also if you don't want to do your own.

Much more fun imo to create your own tho :>

That reminds me, i'm going to post my formation later this week or in the weekend with all the personal instructions.

Need your help again Hopey, Tomtuck, Liam ... by tweaking it to the best possible. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

I'll try and help you out as well purefun,

Hopey - who you thinking of playing as then?

Unsure there are a few that interest me, if I went Italian it would be to either AC Milan or Fiorentina. But I might prefer a more challenging challenge such as taking a smaller team to the top (or near the top at least). I was thinking if I could find a small club which had at least good youth/general facilities that might be more interesting. Was thinking of looking at a number of smaller french clubs like Le Harve I think or others.

Theres also Anderlecht challenge which kind be interesting. Or I take over BK Häcken or Malmö FF which would certainly be challenging.

At the minute I'm looking more towards taking over a small club which has good or better facilities but its finding the right club first...

Originally posted by lennon696:

Should i ask the board for more money as soon as i start, or wait maybe a week?

Ask immediatly mate. Otherwise some good players may have moved on already.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lennon696:

Should i ask the board for more money as soon as i start, or wait maybe a week?

Ask immediatly mate. Otherwise some good players may have moved on already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just asked and they said " You already have adequate resources in order to do your job" icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Lol? When you create yourself after starting a new game what status did you give yourself?

Former international footballer

Semi amatuer

etc (theres about four or five options)

Do you get what I mean now? 0_o

Oh, i dunno icon_frown.gif

Think I'll start again icon_biggrin.gif

Erm theres a few, Cris/Fred/Anderson/Juninho(or does he have French citizenship)/Santos etc. But you can un select players you don't want who are using a non EU slot.

Btw African players have no limit in case you didn't realise, there not counted as foriegn or should I say non EU ;D

---

Purefun/tomtuck

Wonder if you could post a screenshot of Miralem Pjanic (I know he has signed for Lyon, but I don't recall him progressing well in any of my Lyon saves.) If both of you could be so kind to post a screenshot of him fully developed, I'm just curious icon_smile.gif ta

Purefun/tomtuck

Wonder if you could post a screenshot of Miralem Pjanic (I know he has signed for Lyon, but I don't recall him progressing well in any of my Lyon saves.) If both of you could be so kind to post a screenshot of him fully developed, I'm just curious ta

I'm neither fo them but on my game he played a bit for the Metz first team in the first season, and has moved to Saint-Etienne for £200k. Looks quite good for an 18 year old. Bit gutted I didn't check up on him actually. Might try to get him anyway, we'll see!

Right then lads and lasses, would like your opinion please..

I line up in a 4-1-4-1

With the Midfield 4 as..

MR - F-Arrow as lonhg as can be

MC - F-Arrow to AMCR position

MC

AML - With Farrow to lone striker.

Currently my squad is..

GK - Coupet

DR - Clerc

Dl - Grosso

DC - Samba

DC - Bellaid

DM - Flamini

MR - Keita

MCa - Bodmer

MC - Toulalan

AML - Ben Arfa

ST - Benzema

Rest of 1st team

Ederson - AMC

Fred - ST

Juninho - MLC

Cris - DC

Bernard Mendy - D/WB/MR

Reveillere - DRL/WBR

Vercoutre - GK

Kallstrom - AMC

Delgado - AMRL, FC

Abenzoar - DRLC - WBR

I'm not much into season 2 now, I'll make a couple of free signings in January, David N'Gog is available at the monet so UI'll be trying to take him.

But really this is more a question of who should I look to bring in beggining of season 3, what do you think needs strengthening most?

I was thinking another MR/ML as I only have 3 to play thos positions and like now with Ben Arfa out for 6 months I struggle.

So where do you think will need improving and with who.

Can only be one player, must be French or French second nationality and must cost me less than £10m, reason I'm asking now as I can begin unsettling them now and by the time it comes around they may be available cheaper, and I'll most likely be in ther favoured personnel.

Thanks.

I was thinking about Menez mate.

He can cover all over midfield and even upfront. French and pure quality. If he hasn't moved offcourse.

Another option would be Obertan from Bordeaux. he is an AMR but could easely be retrained too AML.

Yeah Menez would fit the bill perfectly, he did move to Everton after Monaco were relegated so it would depend on what kind of season they have and also whether he's playing or not.

Obertan is one I hadn't thought of, would also be great I think.

Thanks for the help, I'll begin with unsettling them then icon_smile.gif

As for free signings I'll be making, it's looking very likely that they will be..

David N'Gog

Lorik Cana

Jeremy Mthieu

I'll be very pleased if we can land those 3 for nothing!

Hello,

I really wanted a new challenge and decided that Lyon would be a very good option. So I started a new game last week . What a great squad they have. The first thing I had to do is to get rid of Boumsong and Muller. They just too bad for this team. Muller went to Sampdoria for € 950.000 and Boumsong was sold for € 350.000. I forgot who bougth him. I have to look tonight when I’m at home. I then was looking for some new players. A left back, a (defensive) midfielder and a center back. I don’t want to buy too many players, because I don’t like to have a big squad.

I found it was really hard to buy new players. The first buy was Zapater from Zaragozza for € 10 million. He can play as central midfielder as wel as defensive midfielder. I really was happy with this transfer. Then I had to have a backup for the leftback position (Grosso). I tried to get Bale, Traore, Clichy and some other promissing players but with no succes. Just 2 days before the transferdeadline I signed Sakho. No way he is good enough already, but I had no choiche. I hope that Grosso stays fit till januari.

Still had to find a centerback, because there were only Scuillaci and Bodmer who could play in that position. Again it was hard to buy a decent player. Barzagli went to Liverpool for € 18 million. Fazio, Albiol, Miranda and Palombo were to expensive or would not join Lyon. So again just 2 days before the deadline I signed Samba for 3.5 million. Not my first choiche, but I really needed a CB.

I really hoped to have some more/better players before the start of the first season, but I’m convidend that with these players we can do the job. Hopefully there will be not to much injuries.

Season so far. The results are really good. I played 10 games and won them all. I beat Marseille at home 5-0 and scored at least 3 goals every match. Benzema is really great, scoring 11 goals in 10 matches. The last game I played last nigth was home against Milan. We played a very good match and beat them 3-0. I’m already in love with this team.

Let’s see for how long we can go without losing points. I’ll post some more results tonight or tomorrow. Maybe even some sceenies if someone is interested.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah Menez would fit the bill perfectly, he did move to Everton after Monaco were relegated so it would depend on what kind of season they have and also whether he's playing or not.

Obertan is one I hadn't thought of, would also be great I think.

Thanks for the help, I'll begin with unsettling them then icon_smile.gif

As for free signings I'll be making, it's looking very likely that they will be..

David N'Gog

Lorik Cana

Jeremy Mthieu

I'll be very pleased if we can land those 3 for nothing!

Agree with purefun recommendations 100%, also if you can get these three you have named that will be three fine signings mate, best of luck icon14.gif

Archived