The old firm in the premiership

mckissock

Old King Goal!!

Rangers were dealt a harsh blow in their bid to be crowned premiership champions as Spurs beat them 3-2 at white hart lane. In what was a high tempo affair Tottenham had the best of the game and overall deserved the victory. Tottenham like their opponents had been the suprise package of this season and leapfrog Rangers into 3rd place. Fernando Torres opened the scoring after 34 mins which was quickly cancelled out by an Andy Reid backpost thunderbolt. Michael Brown put the home team infront with a stunning freekick after 53mins. Torres continued his hot scoring form adding another to level but Ledley King scored to win the match and all 3 points late on.

Tottenham 3-2 Rangers - White Hart Lane Att - 36191

Goals - Torres (2)

Injuries - Buffel - Rangers, Hutton - Rangers

MoM - Torres (8) - Rangers

Rangers slump continues

Rangers were hit by another late goal as they lost to Southampton at Ibrox. Kevin Phillips scored the late goal as manager McKissock gave 17 year old Danny N'Guessan his 1st start up front. McKissock fielded a reserve team in order to rest his first team stars ahead of the up and coming match with Aston Villa. Alan Smith had put the Gers infront after 30mins. After the break Saints drew level on the 54th min through Andreas Jakobssen and Phillips stunned the home crowd in a smash and grab victory knocking the Gers out of the Carling Cup.

Rangers 1-2 Southampton - Ibrox Att - 35863

Goals - Smith

Injuries -

MoM - Smith (9) Rangers

Gers back on track as Bhoys slip up again

Rangers got back to winning ways this weekend with a 3-1 victory at home to Aston Villa. The score reflected on how Rangers were quality finishers and showed the bottle infront of goal where as Villa squandered numerous good opertunities. Nieto opened the scoring with a close range tap in, Rangers had to wait until the 57th minute for a second when substitute Dado Prso scored with his first touch. The game was finished when Barry Ferguson netted a 88th minute header. Carlton Cole nicked a consolation as Rangers re-claimed 3rd place.

Rangers 3-1 Aston Villa - Ibrox Att - 45712

Goals - Nieto, Prso, Ferguson

Injuries -

MoM - Huszti(8) - Rangers

Things however are not so rosey on the green half of Glasgow, Celtic, after pulling off a miraculous 3-0 win over Panathinaikos, slumped to a 4-1 thrashing at the hands of Birmingham City. Celtic are currently teetering over the edge of the relegation zone in 17th place 2 points clear of West Brom having played a game extra. As mentioned before Celtic penny pinching must stop before they drop down a division and football will lose one of its best derby matches.

Birmingham 4-1 Celtic St Andrews

Goals - Forssell (3), Kosowski

Injuries -

MoM - Forssell (10) - Birmingham

Fergo in through!!!

Rangers are on their way through to the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup as they beat Beveren in a low key affair. Alan Smith again popped up with the opener in Europe, his 5th euro goal this season out of his total of 8, and Barry Ferguson came on as a second half sub replacing the injured Brahim Hemdani and scored a brace.

Rangers 3-0 Beveren - Ibrox Att - 43291

Goals - Smith, Ferguson (2)

Injuries - Messi - Rangers, Hemdani - Rangers

MoM - Ferguson (8) - Rangers

Barryilliant!

Brilliant Barry Ferguson again pulled off a magnificant double and guided Rangers to a comfortable 5-1 win at the JJB Stadium. Wigan were shown a master class in finishing as Dado Prso also netted a double and would have had a hat-trick had it not been for the helpless Nicky Eaden deflecting it in. Ellington scored a goal midway through the second half although it was nothing more than a consolation for the home side.

Wigan 1-5 Rangers

Goals - Prso (2), Ferguson (2), Eaden (OG)

Injuries -

MoM - Prso (10) - Rangers

Who's the Dado??

Dado Prso scored a brace as Rangers eased past Bolton with a 2-0 win at Ibrox. Bolton failed to trouble Rangers and only through the heroics of Jussi Jaaskelainen did the score remain 2-0. Rangers had the game wrapped up within the opening half hour as Prso netted twice from close range.

Rangers 2-0 Bolton - Ibrox Att - 45895

Goals - Prso (2)

Injuries -

MoM - Prso(8) - Rangers

Buffel sees red as Rangers slump at home

Thomas Buffel was sent off after 12 mins as Rangers went down 2-0 at home to Newcastle. Rangers had started brightly with 2 good chances carved out but as Buffel failed to keep his mouth shut he was sent off stragiht after recieving a yellow card for what was definately a foul. Shola Ameobi gave the visitors the lead as the tide turned in Newcastles favour and 10 mins after the break Newcastle scored again with a Steven Carr free-kick.

Rangers 0-2 Newcastle - Ibrox Att - 48779

Goals -

Injuries -

MoM - Faye (9) - Newcastle

Spoils are shared in europe

Rangers had already qualified for the next round of the UEFA Cup but they had the chance to snatch top spot from Feyenoord but Rangers again fielded a weaker side as tiredness has been creeping into a side which is growing smaller by the day. It was a flat match as Feyenoord seemed to play for the draw and not suprisingly it ended 0-0. What was suprising was that Sevilla, who were favourites, were knocked out. Sevilla had to beat Madeira away to qualify and drew letting Madiera qualify in 3rd place.

Feyenoord 0-0 Rangers - De Kuip Att - 51189

Goals -

Injuries -

MoM - Padoin (8) - Rangers

Rangers earn draw at Anfield

Rangers faught hard and earned a draw in the exciting match at Anfield against Liverpool. Liverpool needed only 2mins to open the scoring as Djibril Cisse scored an edge of the box screamer, Rangers played very defensively and played counter attacking football using the pace of O'Neill and Huszti on the wing as Liverpool were caught out a few times Jerzy Dudek was called upon to be a hero and made 3 fantastic saves. However the tactic paid off as Huszti scored the equaliser in a goal mouth scramble. Rangers had to defend backs to the wall as Zat Knight came on for Dado Prso to bolster the defence and they held on for a good point ahead of the next match against Celtic.

Liverpool 1-1 Rangers - Anfield Att - 45291

Goals - Huszti

Injuries -

MoM - Jerzy Dudek

Gers are Torrific!!

Rangers beat Celtic in a 3-0 drubbing at Celtic Park. Celtic had a few chances but the travelling fans were dazzled by a stunning show by Fernando Torres. Torres scored a classy goal within the opening minute to stun the Parkhead fans and they were further stunned by a goal from Torres in the 10th min. Rangers hadn't won at Celtic Park for 5 years but Dado Prso made sure of the victory with a close range header making it 3-0. Rangers took their foot off the gas after that goal bringing on Scott Brown who had been injured for 2 months after his spell at Sheff Wed on loan and he did well producing some mazy runs and some good crosses so it is a clean sweep for Rangers this season it may sound impressive but it is only two matches where as in the season previous Celtic complete a clean sweep winning 5 matches.

Celtic 0-3 Rangers - Celtic Park Att - 60813

Goals - Torres (2), Prso

Injuries - Balde - Celtic

MoM - Ferguson (9) - Rangers

I have no qualms with the way you play the game but if you are running the latest patch then you have been very fortunate with the players you have to be so high up in the EPL.

The lad Fanfan is hopeless so i struggle to see why or how you'd get 6.3mil for him.

The lad Nieto is also has poor stats and doesn't actually have a potential within the game as it's set at 0 and his ability is 75 or something like that.

Also if the game was updated to the point where you have all the signings that Rangers have made this pre-season then you wouldn't be able to sign Veron because he signed his loan deal before Rangers signed Nieto and FanFan.

That is why i think you've tinkered with the stats of the Rangers team. Giving the club 20mil is probably about right and i'm assuming you done the same for Celtic and any other teams you moved into the EPL.

It's not a big deal in terms of your story which is well layed out and written but it doesn't represent the true challenge of taking a SPL club to England imo.

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fergusdacat7:

I have no qualms with the way you play the game but if you are running the latest patch then you have been very fortunate with the players you have to be so high up in the EPL.

The lad Fanfan is hopeless so i struggle to see why or how you'd get 6.3mil for him.

The lad Nieto is also has poor stats and doesn't actually have a potential within the game as it's set at 0 and his ability is 75 or something like that.

Also if the game was updated to the point where you have all the signings that Rangers have made this pre-season then you wouldn't be able to sign Veron because he signed his loan deal before Rangers signed Nieto and FanFan.

That is why i think you've tinkered with the stats of the Rangers team. Giving the club 20mil is probably about right and i'm assuming you done the same for Celtic and any other teams you moved into the EPL.

It's not a big deal in terms of your story which is well layed out and written but it doesn't represent the true challenge of taking a SPL club to England imo.

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was speaking to my bro today who also uses fm and you are correct, he being a rangers fan also, has altered the potential of fanfan and nieto, nieto starts of as a center back in my game. So because of this i am scrapping this story. I am begining one as a smaller team most likely Morton. Just to say though, Juan Veron is still available for immediate transfer even though he is on loan as is Hernan Crespo.

I hope you aren't scrapping it because you think i'm having a go. I like the layout and the idea of the scottish teams being in the EPL. I just felt that the stats had been modified too much imo.

I modify them in my games if i know they are wrong. Like you say with Nieto if he is a defender then i'd change his stats to a strikers and the same with others.

A bit of advice with updates, you are generally better off waiting until the transfer window closes because you'll have so many changes between now and the then. It is pishy playing with the old updates when so much has changed but it generally makes the game better in the long run imo.

Good Luck with Morton. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fergusdacat7:

I hope you aren't scrapping it because you think i'm having a go. I like the layout and the idea of the scottish teams being in the EPL. I just felt that the stats had been modified too much imo.

I modify them in my games if i know they are wrong. Like you say with Nieto if he is a defender then i'd change his stats to a strikers and the same with others.

A bit of advice with updates, you are generally better off waiting until the transfer window closes because you'll have so many changes between now and the then. It is pishy playing with the old updates when so much has changed but it generally makes the game better in the long run imo.

Good Luck with Morton. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah its not cause your having ago but with ma bro having eddited the stats i felt the money i gained or the results i gained through any goals scored by these better players meant i technically shouldnt have won etc etc so wasnt as good after i found that out, ill start one again after Morton.

Archived