Cavani, first season, 8.0.2 ?

mates, i want to start a new game on 8.0.2, all people here are drooling on this guy, is he really that good? How many goals does he score average in the first season? i know he becomes better in the following seasons but for the first season??

mates, i want to start a new game on 8.0.2, all people here are drooling on this guy, is he really that good? How many goals does he score average in the first season? i know he becomes better in the following seasons but for the first season??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

That depends what team you are mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Valencia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

In that case he will score 20 especially with your midfield. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but i dont understand this.. slow strikers, no matter how good their mental and technical attributers are, always perform worse than pacy ones.. Maybe i should go for Martins or Briand (although he is not that great in 8.0.2) ? what do you think, purefun?

oh my lord, Hunter has been such a dissapointment for me.. He scores, yes he scores but against weaker teams! i was humiliated to Real Madrid in my own ground and he was lost! i lost to Schalke and he was lost!! Somehow him being slow makes it easy to mark for quality defenders..

Hey there don't get agitated icon_smile.gif

Keep Huntelaar as your target-man, and Villa can be his partner.

With someone good in the air, and a fast striker like Villa, surely you wld score loads...

Otherwise, get this guy ~~ Jefferson Farfan, or maybe Pazzini. All fast and great

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nch:

Hey there don't get agitated icon_smile.gif

Keep Huntelaar as your target-man, and Villa can be his partner.

With someone good in the air, and a fast striker like Villa, surely you wld score loads...

Otherwise, get this guy ~~ Jefferson Farfan, or maybe Pazzini. All fast and great </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i sold Villa. Hunter is a big dissapoinment, only performs against weak opponents. but i dont want to use very fast strikers, it makes the game boring after a while.. (my glorious Aguero days are over icon_smile.gif )

And i tried Pazzini, he again somehow doesnt perform in big matches.. how is this Cavani guy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

If your Valencia and playing with 1 striker you shouldn't need anybody with Villa, zigic Morientes, more than enough tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like i said, i sold Villa and zigic and signed Mutu, Veloso, Squillaci, Armand, Rafinha, Palacio and Hunter (of course i sold a few other players, too)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Sold Villa icon_eek.gif,

Anyways You've got 2 top ST's, just try and loan Bojan, or buy S.Grax, A cheap but good back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the reason i sold villa is this is not my first Valencia game, mate. i have played several Valencia games and i am bored of using the same players always so i wanted a change... By the way, u say i have got 2 top ST? ?? who are they ? icon_biggrin.gif

You said you've got Mutu and Huntelar(sp), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate i need someone good header of the ball and enough pace, thats why i have opened this thread. i wonder whether Cavani is good enough first thing...

just buy whoever you think will do well for you, with Mutu and Huntelar I can't see there being a problem, especially when yopur only playing with 1 upfront, If you want more cover try and loan Bojan or buy S.Grax like I said, cheaper than spending £10m on a player who'll hardly play.

just buy whoever you think will do well for you, with Mutu and Huntelar I can't see there being a problem, especially when yopur only playing with 1 upfront, If you want more cover try and loan Bojan or buy S.Grax like I said, cheaper than spending £10m on a player who'll hardly play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i need a lethal finisher, mate. Thats my problem.

Sorry to sound stupid but why did you go out and buy mutu and Huntelarr(sp) if they can't finish then?, they can't be that bad either.

After just doing a quick player search on my game, filtering Finishing Rolando Bianchi looks top,

20 finishing, 19 heading, fits your bill doesnt it?

Sounds ideal icon14.gif

Sorry to sound stupid but why did you go out and buy mutu and Huntelarr(sp) if they can't finish then?, they can't be that bad either.

After just doing a quick player search on my game, filtering Finishing Rolando Bianchi looks top,

20 finishing, 19 heading, fits your bill doesnt it?

Sounds ideal icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i signed Mutu for AMC slot not for the purpose of using as a striker.. For the Hunter case, i have read the whole forum and all people were saying he is lethal in front of the goal, yes i agree with that to some point but he is only good against weaker teams. Against top teams, he

just becomes lost since he is slow like death..

For the bianchi case, isnt he slow, too?

Ohright, I've never been a fan of Huntelaar, never worked well for me,

I take it you've sold Silva aswell then, he's a quality AM, unl;ess you're playing him AML,

Bianchi does look fair slow yes, but after reading the rest of the page You said you don't like using fast strikers anymore,

My suggestion is you actually look for the players yourself, theres a brilliant search function within the game that you can use to filter key attributes wanted, and being as only you know what attributes you want, it's best you do it yourself. icon14.gif

Ohright, I've never been a fan of Huntelaar, never worked well for me,

I take it you've sold Silva aswell then, he's a quality AM, unl;ess you're playing him AML,

Bianchi does look fair slow yes, but after reading the rest of the page You said you don't like using fast strikers anymore,

My suggestion is you actually look for the players yourself, theres a brilliant search function within the game that you can use to filter key attributes wanted, and being as only you know what attributes you want, it's best you do it yourself. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A big NO, of course i didnt sell Silva, never ever icon_biggrin.gif

Mate, in fact i want to learn how is this Cavani guy?

Cavani is class. Get him asap. Becomes one of the best strikers in the game. Became my number one striker at Man U while i had Rooney, Tevez, Pandev, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, O.Martins, Braind, Benzema. Thats right, i had at one point 11 stikers for my first team and managed to keep them all happy and they banged goals for fun.

Remember that most of the stikers named above can play in other position (AMC - AMR - AML)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabbir7379:

Cavani is class. Get him asap. Becomes one of the best strikers in the game. Became my number one striker at Man U while i had Rooney, Tevez, Pandev, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, O.Martins, Braind, Benzema. Thats right, i had at one point 11 stikers for my first team and managed to keep them all happy and they banged goals for fun.

Remember that most of the stikers named above can play in other position (AMC - AMR - AML) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about first season? is he good at the start of the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabbir7379:

Remember that most of the stikers named above can play in other position (AMC - AMR - AML) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats only 9 icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polat_dgn:

i dont believe in scouts, they are really doing a poor job imo.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS scout him using your own knowledge then, it's pretty simple really.

I got him in the start of the second season mate, left him the reserves for a couple of months, then broke him in slowly. If you are still in the first season, get him as he is really cheap. I had to spend near enough £30m. Whats your scout saying about him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polat_dgn:

i dont believe in scouts, they are really doing a poor job imo.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS scout him using your own knowledge then, it's pretty simple really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf, how would i scout him man, is this Matrix for the gods sake?

Thats only 9 icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still had saha and retrained Ronaldo, Nani to play there in case of an emergency! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also retrained Rossina, Anderson as well. So it really is about 14 mate icon_cool.gif

well, his stats is decent in 8.00 as well, but what makes him lethal is perhaps the other importants attributes, my coaches are all raving about his ability to disturb the defence with his positioning and running without the ball, and perhaps that is why he is very suited for a lone striker role.. thats my opinion, dunno if it helps but anyway i do got him, did very well with jimmy briand and i feel he can work very well with speedy players as i set him to become target man with balls pass to his head settings.. thats for me, depends whether u wanna try

FFS scout him using your own knowledge then, it's pretty simple really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf, how would i scout him man, is this Matrix for the gods sake? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus mate, stop moaning. People are trying to give you a hand but you keep rejecting advice.

FACT IS, you've got two great players in Huntelaar (Who you keep calling Hunter for reasons unknown if he apparently isn't playing well for you) and Mutu. Odds are if you can't get them to score, you need to change your tactics to suit them.

Adriano isn't a very agile player, but he's scored 16 goals in 18 games for me, and 10 of those were coming off the bench.

If you're THAT unsatisfied with Huntelaar, then sell him.

If scouts are doing a poor job, sack them and hire ones with better ability to judge potential and ability. If you don't want new ones, then scout him yourself. This isn't the Matrix, it's Football Manager, grow up a little buddy.

Archived