[FM11] Three Rivers FC - New Club, New Beginnings

Lukaku-14

From this downloadable database.

1z1z9tz.png

Background

After Blackpool's play-off success during the 2009/2010 campaign in which they beat Cardiff 3-2 at Wembley the club, despite the financial rewards of promotion found themselves struggling to pay off large amounts of debt owed to banks and investors in the club, the rumours regarding the future of club led to Ian Holloway's resignation and after failing to come out of administration and secure a new buyer after several attempts at finding one the Football League had came to the decision to extinguish the club from the Football League due to failure to respond to any requests by the FA on numerous deadlines. In less than 48 hours after the FA had officially announced Blackpool's elimination from the Football League, a consortium lead by Danish goalkeeping legend Peter Schmeichel first made contact with the FA regarding the situation and after the FA rejected his initial request to buy out Blackpool and secure their status as a Premier League he then requested if he could build a new club to participate in the league in their place, similar to MK Dons. After the request was accepted pending that he could provide the necessary paperwork within two weeks, Schmeichel quickly moved to set up an agreement with a local businessman based in the Hertforshire area who agreed to help fund the club and to allow the club to locate in the Three River area in Hertford.

Expanding on an already built gymnastics stadium close the to riverside, one of the largest building projects in the world took place where the 40,000 seater River Arena was built for Schmeichel's side. Local sides Luton and Watford have already held protest against the new club in the area brandishing the move as 'unfair' and 'corrupt' whilst Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has also spoken out numerous times about his feelings on the move. With the stadium complete and the club now being recognised as an official Premier League side the club will now be looking for staff and players with the club already been linked to a large number of players this window. Peter was also quick to get some sponsors using his Danish links. The club announced that the club’s main sponsor would be Carlsberg and that Unicef would be used on it's third kit. He has also set up a number of affiliates that will benefit the club with Standard Liege, Cardiff City and Brøndby.

rie07q.png

Finally I have reached the 1st of September & I have concluded my transfer spending. As you know I had no players in my squad when I arrived at the club.

I have spent £307m on a squad of 25 players and here they are;

ThreeRiversFCThreeRivers_Players.png

Some big names in there and we aim to win big things with them. I will be doing seasonal updates so wish we luck in my first season and I will speak to you again in May.

Archived