[FM11] Red Dogs

Eles Gergo

Finally my FM 2011 is here.

I had a hard time this weekend but now I'll start my first Career update thread. I believe in constructive criticism, so don't hold back. This is my first thread here, so hopefully I get the hang of it as time passes. I've patched the game and this is how things look like at the start

2eqawwx.jpg

I chose to manage my second favorite club Dinamo Buc. Last year I did 5 seasons with them winning the league 5 times and the cup 2 times. Managed to get the team into the Champions league group stages which brought the club huge profits. But the club could not progress any further, I've tried to save money for a new stadium but this never happened, I couldn't keep my best players as they all wanted out. But this year dynamic league reputation is here!!! (Hurray)

My goal is to go as far as my time let's me.

Anyone interested in the club here is a long read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dinamo_Bucure%C5%9Fti

I try to do an update every month, and here I begin....

June 2010

Managed to get hold on 3 new coaches an 2 scouts. Hopefully I can get a new assistant as well. Still no players signed but in July i will bring in some new faces.

Two games played:

Dinamo Buc. 2-0 FCM Targu Mures

Besa 1-1 Dinamo Buc

After two games it's safe to say that I've got a mediocre squad:

Goalkeepers

Emilian Dolha and George Curca --- my main two goalkeepers are basically at the same level.

Kristijan Naumovski ---still much to learn

Defenders

Sergiu Homei ---DR will get his chances but offloading him as soon as I can

Adrian Scharlatache ---DR©,WBR he's the weakest DR in my squad will see how he performs if he gets called upon

Oscar Rubio --- (Spanish) DR, DL, WBR, MC his overall speed will get him the first choice DR spot, other than that he's at Homei level (sadly)

Elias Bazzi ---(Argentine) DL, DC his lack of pace hinders him from the DL spot, and his lack of defensive stats makes him the number one bench warmer

Zie Diabate --- (Ivory Coast) DL, DC currently injured but looks very promising for a 21 year old

Juan Pablo Garat --- (Argentine) DC he's strong, tall, and intelligent player who's up for nr.1 DC spot

Cosmin Moti --- DC strong defender who will start from the first minute.

Dragos Grigore --- DC young 23 year old promising DC, currently injured will have to wait and see how he performs

Valeriu Bordeanu ---DL, WBL 33 year old experienced wingback, not much competition for his side, I hope he can still produce some good performances

Midfielders

Laurentiu Rus --- DMC strong, and hard working, will play his heart out

Andrei Margaritescu --- DMC experienced and very physical player he will definitely challenge anyone in my center midfield area

Ousmane N'Doye --- (Senegalese) DMC he's strong, muscular, gifted long range shooter, can pick a good pass, one of my star players

Jakaridze Kone --- (Ivory Coast) DMC very determined, aggressive and hard working player he will need to play his way into my squad, as the three above him come first

Adrian Cristea --- Basically he can play anywhere in midfield, I really hope this wont hurt his overall performance, a very good player

Catalin Munteanu --- ML, MC hard working, very good read on the game, experienced midfielder

Gabriel Torje --- MR, AMR, the fastest player on the team, only 20 years old but he's got a huge potential in him

Strikers

Marius Alexe --- young striker still a lot to learn, good stamina

Ionel Danciulescu --- experienced, very talented striker, although 33 years old my coaches still recommend him as the best striker in the team

Marius Niculae --- strong, good composure, very determined player who will suit my target man role

Andrei Cristea --- I consider him as a jolly joker, not that good stats but he can deliver

Liviu Ganea --- very talented striker 22 years old already interest is high in him all over europe, I really hope he can live up to his greatness

Well I need to strengthen in defense and in wide midfield areas, hopefully i can bring in 2-3 players until the 15 players who are out on loan return.

I know it's a bit messy and a hard read, I will try to tidy things up.

The first two games shows me I need to sort out my tactics, I do realize that having 3 very good DMC's and few wide players obliges me to go for a 3 center midfield strategy but also I have very good Strikers. In the next game against U Cluj I will try out a Barcelona like tactic hopping that I will get better possession, and more chances if N'Doye can keep his 1 assist per game ratio.

I still could not find an assistant, it's even harder then I thought. The staff that want to sign with me are sub par, I will give myself another week in game then I will hire whoever I come across. Currently negotiating a contract with another DMC from Brasil. He looks fantastic, but yet again I might do my usuall mistake, going for players that i really don't need. A new DC (or two) a DL, ML, MR is needed so my squad can be really competitive. After last nights assessments I can say that I'm willing to offload 5-6 first team players if anyone offers for them.

Lastly into the Euro Cup 2nd qualifying round against Azerbaijan side Baku. Will see how this goes out considering my players can't pick up their fitness levels yet. My hopes are to reach the group stages, I need money :)

Next update : July 2010

July 2010

An action packed month, two new signings, tactical troubles.

To start were I left of:

U Cluj - Dinamo Buc. 2-0

A good friendly to get the squad fitness sorted out. They just have been promoted to the top league. I was confident in a win, although I did change my tactic to 4-5-1 but the rain, fitness problems and lack of squad gelling gave them the second half. Yet again we were struggling to get on in the first half, and bizarrely when the team started to play football we find ourself behind early on in the second half. From there it was an uphill battle really it finished when they scored again.

Dinamo Buc. - Baku 1-1

Wanted to start our European cup run with a comfortable win. Baku thought: let's play them off the pitch shell we... So they did, actually N'Doy (DMC) my best performer so far did a very good job in midfield but it wasn't enough to hold them off. They scored a lucky goal and we struggled to get hold of the ball after that. In my frustration I made 3 changes at once and it payed the price as Margaritescu (DMC) made a first touch pass to Danciulescu (ST) (they both just came on) he turned and shot the ball past the keeper. Started to play better after that and almost grabbed the winner but it was their day.

Baku - Dinamo Buc. 2-2

I made some tactical tweaks here and there and it payed the price. From the first minute on we played better and better. Our passing was good, possession also. N'Doye was hitting the goal from almost every angel he could think of. Rus (DMC in defensive midfielder position) was getting to all of their long balls, heading or tackling his way onto possession. Moti (my leading DC) was playing excellently. But yet again they managed to scrape up two goals against me. After they scored their second I simply coulden't react to that. Luckily the match ended before any penalty shootout.

Dinamo Buc. - Steaua 1-0

First league game and it's the biggest rivalry their is. It was almost a perfect performance, truly magnificent. Rus and N'Doye continued their midfield dominance which shows on Steaua's on target balls. We limited them to use long balls which was easy prey for Moti and Rus. Their only thread came from Bogdan Stancu (ST a very good striker) but I had him watched all the time. The biggest joy was that one of their former player scored the goal Cristea (ST), and Munteanu (ML,MC) who also came from Steaua made the assist :D I was over the moon with this effort.

Dinamo Buc. - Apollon (Ciprus) 1-1

Clearly there are problems in the 'keep a clean sheet for the love of god!' area. Yet again we play a good solid game we scored a beauty full goal. Just to receive one header from almost outside of the box and their striker was surrounded by 4!!! of my defenders and no opposition player was near the ball. Gutted really, I thought things were going well and my team finally can perform on a higher level but maybe the fixture congestions are getting onto us.

Pandurii - Dinamo Buc. 1-0

Awful performance we couldn't connect two passes. Really gutted as we should win these games if we want to get in the top 4. Worst of all it bounced in from Moti who has an excellent form at the moment.

Well that wraps up July, next August where I want to avoid dropping out of the Euro cup. There will be 5 games so far 1 Euro cup and 4 league games, one of them will be very though. I need to be patient I guess because there is 6 new players at the team, new tactic, new manager.

sounds great mate, ona personal note, i much prefer season reviews than monthly, i find it requires too much time to read through all that info every month, something like the way Dafuge does his is perfect.

Just my opinion though :)

Thanks, I will think about it as it really takes up a lot of time to write all this stuff down. And sadly I get little FM time nowadays.

Archived