[FM11] I'm not here to speak swedish, I'm here to win things - Fm11 career thread

Badass_

Vallentuna_BK-logo-1654EC3477-seeklogo.com.gif

So, in fm 2010 I managed man utd from 2009 to the 70's. (2075 or something like that). I won everything countless times and destroyed all kinds of records.

It was an amazing save and I had never played for so long. Having said that I was ready for a different kind of challenge, and with the new fm 11 feature, dynamic league rep, why not choose a really weak team from a not so good league and try to take that club to the very top ? I decided to manage a Swedish club called Vallentuna BK aka Tunna from Swedish second division south sveleand.

Sweden from top to bottom: Swedish premier division

Swedish first division elite

Swedish first division (divided by north and south)

Swedish second division (divided by a ******** of places)

Needless to say, the team is absolutely terrible but that's exactly what I was going for.

There's a lot of difficulties. First of all, almost no player in the world wants to even enter negotiations. Even players in their 30's and unemployed. And unemployed players is pretty much what I can get because my initial transfer budget was almost non- existent. Also, I don't have money to buy coaches which I really need.

Team's background Yes, that's right, they never won anything.

Team's information

My first press conference right after I took over Yep, one journalist !

Transfers

First season signings :

Barjaktaravic

Dan Burling

Ennel

Karlsson

Valdo

Jusufi

Yes, I know, they look like crap but believe me they look like messi and ronaldo when compared to my team. Just to give you an example, my best striker had finishing 10 or something...and that was probably his best attribute.

This is a really long post because I wanted to explain all this but from now I'll post small updates at the end of the season to show how I'm doing, which place in the table did I end at, which players were key, new signings and so on..:p

Edit:

Database : Large

Leagues selected: all Swedish divisions.

• 2 weeks later...

ok. After a while I realized I needed a few more players so I bought some new signings.

Unfortunately, despite a very promising start of the season, we ended up at eighth place, exactly what the media had predicted: League Table

... which I thought was pretty disappointing. I wasn't expecting to win the league or anything like that, but I definitely thought I would be at the top half at end, considering the new signings.

Here's the league graph.

We would often score first but we would constantly allowed the other teams to turn around the game. This may have been caused by the tactics I was using which was the exact same tactic I used in fm2010 : 4-1-2-3. In order to be successful with this tactic you probably need a very sturdy defense and midfield.

Anyway as you can see in the team stats the new signings played pretty well. Jusufi and Karlson score 8 and 11 goals and Dan Burlin was a bit of creative force. However, they just didn't make that big of an impact in the grand scheme of things.

Despite having performed just like the media predicted the board was disappointed with me and after a bad start in the second season they fired me.

I was pretty bummed out, I haven't been fired in fm in years ! And, I had a project for this team. But after a while, I said, screw it! I'm gonna manage another club and I'll sooner or later, I'll get revenge against Vallentuna.

And so, I was hired by Ahlafors. A club from the second Swedish division as well who hasn't won a competition ever just like VallenTuna. The team was already doing very badly when they hired me. They're in the last place and there's only a few games left.

Archived