FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

woah 20million thats great! i wasn't playing him nzogbia and fernandez and also mata were playing miles better so just wanted some money for him really!

End of season Report:

League Table!

scr19fe98e7xz9.th.jpg

not too bad really. usual top four ahead of me so best of the rest! got to build on it next season though!

Squad:

scr19ff1de6mh6.th.jpg

Where do you think i need to improve and who do you think i should sell? obviously mata and banega are going back but will try to loan again next season. how much would you sell martins or owen for?

Best Results:

(All won)

Arsenal 2-1

Chelsea 3-2

Villa 5-2

Spurs 4-2 League Cup Final!

Spurs 3-0

Bham 5-2

Man Utd 2-1

Derby 5-2

Blackburn 4-1

everton 3-0

spurs 3-1

Boro 4-0

Sunderland 2-1

icon_biggrin.gif

just a selection of good games!

winning the League Cup was the Highlight of the season along with beating united, arsenal and chelsea!

what do you guys think? what are your recommendations for next season?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Federico Fazio - SW, DC, DM, best at DC, scores headers from corners for fun, but I suppose Samba might be doing that for you anyway. Easily worth £10M.

Oscar Ustari - GK - Great backup and will easily fill Given's boots once he's getting on a bit. Minimum release clause of £4.1M makes him one of the best buys I've found.

I'm not used to playing with dedicated MC's. Now that my new tactics demand them, I tend to use dedicated DM's and AM's to fill the gaps. Barton and Emre are great in their own ways. Maybe Carrick? IIRC, he's a Newcastle fan.

Ryan Taylor is a good right-back, but usually quite expensive, there must be better out there for cheaper. I just bought Moritz Volz as backup for Beye, as Beye is solid enough.

My problem is... Just sold Lescott for £13M. He wanted to leave and Liverpool wanted to pay the money, so there was no point in keeping an unhappy player. Now Jose Enrique has followed suit and would also like to leave, leaving me only Filipe as left-back. I should get over £6M for him, but I need a capable, first-team replacement as soon as he's gone.

I have Taylor, Samba and Fazio in the centre, but I'd still like another player there for cover. After buying Ustari for £4.1M, I'll have £8.9 left to spend.

I'm not sure how much Carrick would cost, but he's a good MC.

I'm a huge fan of Taye Taiwo, in real life as well as on the game, but I'm trying to steer away from African players due to their absence in Jan/Feb.

I'll definitely look into it, though. He is an awesome player.

Hmmm... I'm not sure... he is an integral member of my team.

On a previous save, Arsenal bought him for 17.75M, and I had no choice over the matter as the board accepted for me. I always felt his absence, as he is one of my favourite players IRL.

ah yeah he was brilliant last season but i could play fernandez on left wing.

Ustari didnt get a work permit thats why i didnt get him last season i remember now

need a goalie for around 5million? might try Enyeama think of any others?

icon_smile.gif im happy icon_smile.gif

Transfers:

scr1ab15e0ajn1.th.jpg

Really happy with managing to get Richards! Martinez, Briand, Lloris and Jimenez should all play a good part in the season!

Squad:

scr1ab1f9fcuy0.th.jpg

what do you think?

Results:

Newcastle 3-1 Portsmouth (Samba 2, Fernandez)

Newcastle 2-0 Stoke (Fernandez, Coloccini)

Bolton 1-3 Newcastle (Emre, Martins, Samba)

Newcastle 3-0 Reading (Fernandez, N'Zogbia, Martins)

Great Start! top of the league haha

i think i spent too much im 7million in debt icon_confused.gif

not good!!

my current newcastle squad. 09/10

gk: given, ustari(loan back to spain bcos of wp), barbosa

def: cassini, dani alves (want to join bigger club), jose enrique, criscito, kompany, steven taylor

mid: veloso, behrami, silva, kuzmanovic, belluschi, james milner, jimenez, marko marin, van de vaart

st: briand, martin, podolski, carroll, smith

achievements to date: 2 league cup, 1 fa cup, 4th place and 2nd place finish, CL quarter final

Dexta

I would have sold N'Zogbia for that price!

Although I still have him on my game, I've also signed Leonardo from Ajax for £3m and he's more than capable IMO.

Got rid of Duff to Reading for £3.6m as well.

Looks like you're doing well tho!

12 games into my 2nd season and currently 10th but the league is wide open and i'm only 5 points from top!

Sergio Mota looks capable of replacing N'Zogbia already for my team, and N'Zogbia is constantly wanted by other teams.

Thing is... I can't get rid of anyone!

I managed to get shot of Alan Smith for somewhere in the region of £5-6M, and Geremi for a cut-down price, but nobody wants Duff, Harper, Cacapa (can't blame 'em there) or Ameobi.

They've been on the transfer list for a year and a half now, with the exception of Harper, and nobody is ever interested!

nice suad there Alan.

and some good achievements!

Hmm i was tempted but N'Zogbia to united. and the way he has been playing i feel would have been a waste! hes played 26 scored 11 set up 16 and has an average rating of 7.85 icon_eek.gif amazing!!

ill keep him at least untill the end of this season unless i get a stupid offer.

just got to hope i my board dont sell my players as im in debt. how come newcastle dont seem to make money?

damn! lost my 1st game in 31!! bloody blackburn! drew to them aa few games ago and then lost 1-0 just cant score against them definitely my bogey team.

few good results though

3-0 Liverpool

5-2 Chelsea

5-0 cardiff

6-0 rapid

6-0 vit guimaraes

1-0 arsenal

still top by 3 points just gotta get things back on track with a win against portsmouth then stoke! then got chelsea in 2nd leg of league cup which i beat them 5-2 away so hopefully icon_biggrin.gif

I'm soaring, too!

4 points ahead of Liverpool, who are 3 points ahead of Chelsea, who are miles away from the chasing pack.

Poor old Man Utd are regretting selling Kuszczak because Van der Sar has retired and Ben Foster isn't performing. Bloody marvelous!!

NUFC Squad 10/11

1st Season: 3rd

2nd Season: 5th

3rd Season: 6th

Current Position:5th

Goalkeepers:

Shay Given (VC)

Steve Harper

Joe Hart

Defenders:

Michael Mancienne

Dan Gosling

Omar Esparza

Sol Campbell

Steven Taylor

David Edgar

Mohamed Yahaya

Asier Arzubiaga

Ozunal Harun

Jack Cork

Pichu Atienza

Nelson

Habib Beye

Erik Edman

Guilherme

Midfielders:

Charles N'Zogbia

Andrea Pirlo

Pierre Ducasse

Christian Poulsen

Omar Benzerga

Belozoglu Emre

Denilson

Michael Johnson

Georginio Wijnaldum

Giles Barnes

James Milner

Andrew Surman

Kazenga LuaLua

Theo Walcott

Ashley Young

Diego T.

Geoff Blackwell

Diego R.

Ivan Rakitic

Riku Riski

Jose Baxter

Strikers:

Alan Smith

Mika Aaritalo

Julio Baptista

Phil Airey

Obafemi Martins

Michael Owen ©

Pepijn Kluin

Anrey Arshavin (free) and Vagner Lopve (£1.6M) are arriving in January.

My biggest worry is that Shay Given wont sign a new contract and is looking to leave. So I am looking to sign Lloris in January and get some decent money for Given.

Any suggestions on how to improve?

first of all, ur squad is huge. and while u have many promising youngster, if u want to take the club to the next lvl which u didnt (as u are alws outside top4) mayb u would want to consider selling this:

Goalkeepers:

Steve Harper

Defenders:

Michael Mancienne

Dan Gosling

Sol Campbell

David Edgar

Mohamed Yahaya

Asier Arzubiaga

Ozunal Harun

Jack Cork

Pichu Atienza

Nelson

Habib Beye

Erik Edman

Midfielders:

Charles N'Zogbia

Christian Poulsen

Belozoglu Emre

Denilson

Georginio Wijnaldum

Giles Barnes

James Milner

Andrew Surman

Kazenga LuaLua

Ashley Young

Geoff Blackwell

Riku Riski

Jose Baxter

Strikers:

Mika Aaritalo

Julio Baptista

Phil Airey

Pepijn Kluin

seriously, the way u have reserved urself with those promising kids, without giving them proper coaching (5stars coach) and proper guidance (learning from senior players) and giving them much experience (first time) they will become just dcecent player when they are actually very promising. its time to sell off this players and start getting the silvas, behramis etc.

I'm in my 2nd season with toon, Jan transfer window.

Could anyone suggest a replacement for Milner on right wing? he's not performing particularly well. I've got about £12m max to spend????

Also, who is better at left back: Enrique or Thomas Vermaelen??

Cheers.

Originally posted by alantan84:

first of all, ur squad is huge. and while u have many promising youngster, if u want to take the club to the next lvl which u didnt (as u are alws outside top4) mayb u would want to consider selling this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Goalkeepers:

Steve Harper

Defenders:

Michael Mancienne

Dan Gosling

Sol Campbell

David Edgar

Mohamed Yahaya

Asier Arzubiaga

Ozunal Harun

Jack Cork

Pichu Atienza

Nelson

Habib Beye

Erik Edman

Midfielders:

Charles N'Zogbia

Christian Poulsen

Belozoglu Emre

Denilson

Georginio Wijnaldum

Giles Barnes

James Milner

Andrew Surman

Kazenga LuaLua

Ashley Young

Geoff Blackwell

Riku Riski

Jose Baxter

Strikers:

Mika Aaritalo

Julio Baptista

Phil Airey

Pepijn Kluin

seriously, the way u have reserved urself with those promising kids, without giving them proper coaching (5stars coach) and proper guidance (learning from senior players) and giving them much experience (first time) they will become just dcecent player when they are actually very promising. its time to sell off this players and start getting the silvas, behramis etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would sell players but teams only seem to want the players I want to keep. How much would Siva and Behrami cost?

silva 40m+ behrami 20m+

just sold Barton for 4.7m icon_smile.gif

woop i hate him!

Owen hasnt been on great form very often this season but recently he has been immense!

2 against Chelsea in a 5-2 win

2 against Portsmouth in a 4-2 win

1 against Stoke in a 3-0 win

4 against Chelsea in a 6-2 win

the chelsea games were in league cup semi final! 11-4 on Agg!! i cant believe my eyes what is happening this season!

N'Zogbia has been outstanding this season! well every player in my team has been amazing and all played their part in this amazing season just hope i can keep it up and win some trophies!

Originally posted by euanpolo:

I would sell players but teams only seem to want the players I want to keep. How much would Siva and Behrami cost?

try the cheat method of transfer list and unavailable for loan. u shld start getting some offers and probably sell them undervalue but + % of next transfer fees since this kids are potentially good. silva may come cheap. keep him in ur shortlist and check his release clause whenever he renew contract. i got mine $29.5 only. behrami should be in the range of 8-15m. this 2 will get u a combined 40 assists a season. just give them proper strikers to aim for.

End of 2nd Season report!!

League Table: scr227a0e46yf4.th.jpg

great season!

League Cup Final:

scr1fc40d1dgg5.th.jpg

FA Cup Semi Final Finish lost 3-0 to United. not too disappointed with that though!

UEFA Cup Final!

scr22837bd9aa5.th.jpg

Matias Fernandez English Players Player

Tom Dexter - Manager Of the Year

Best Players

Charles N'Zogbia Goals 16 Assists 27 Av Rating 7.61

Christopher Samba Goals 32 Av Rating 7.66

Lubos Kalouda Goals 19 Assists 30 Av Rating 7.52

Jimmy Briand Games 21 Goals 24

Michael Owen Games 43 Goals 28

Brilliant 2nd season!

Career at Newcastle

2 League Cups

1 Premiership

1 Uefa Cup

not bad so far icon_smile.gif will post transfers soon.

this is the squad:

scr22875032up8.th.jpg

where should i improve?

mike ashley just sold Kalouda to Arsenal for £30m!!! they offered 18 and i said 30 so they bid and he sold. so now im in need of a right winger.

any ideas? also would like an attacking Left back to replace enrique he isnt the best at crossing would like someone like marcelo but hes at milan so no chance.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is doing brilliantly on the right wing fir me, and I got him for under £10M IIRC, still got Milner as backup.

I signed Filipe for free as backup to Enrique, but there's no chance that he's anywhere near good enough to be in the first team. how about Taye Taiwo?

yeah i thought about taiwo. just lost out on Rosina to inter and got Menez for 14m!

i think thats a decent enough player to replace Kalouda icon_smile.gif and at half the money lol

got kalouda for 1.8m! 30m sale plus 30% sell on fee not bad ey!

i have put a bid in for taiwo. and also bale and traore

Well SWP is okay but if it were me and I needed a Right Winger I'd go for Fiorentina's Mario Santana. IMO he's better off the bat whereas SWP might need to develop a bit to fit the level of your squad. Santana would also probably be cheaper, check him out.

If money's not really a problem then go for Ricardo Quaresma, he should be interested so long as you're in the ECL.

Oh and for an LB grab Gonzalo Pineda or Taiwo as recommended above. Pineda would be an easier catch I imagine

Yeah, sell N'Zogbia.

Ummm, MC-wise I'd take a look at Nocerino, Denilson (Arsenal) and Vaart if he hasn't been snapped up already.

ML replacement : well personally I usually get Stewart Downing, I feel he's under-rated and almost always performs for me, topping assist charts. If not him then definately Guardado

hmm Aguero i would have but just signed for Madrid!

Tried Denilson arsenal want 26m so no. Vaart at chelsea. Downings a no go because i dont like him lol. Guardado i put in a bid but hes at liverpool so prob want loads!

Nocerino co owned inter n juve ill look inot it but not sure. think i might get veloso play him mc should be fine. but i need someone.

put bid in for Johnson and Quaresma as well.

got Gignac for 8m usually fires them in so should be alright

Yeah, they usually come in for him icon_frown.gif got to be quick on the draw! kapow!

Actually, something I noticed recently which I'm pretty sure wasn't the case pre-patch was that he can be tempted in at the start of a new game. You have to give him a hefty contract of course but there aren't many players who are as worthy of one as he is.

Check out Claudio Marchisio for MC, another underrated one by scouts I find, even the best (I always sign Vilas Boas at the start of a new game). He's just had a little bump in his stats on my game and suddenly looks like a worthy challenge for J Martinez and Nocerino

Originally posted by dexta200:

hmm Aguero i would have but just signed for Madrid!

Tried Denilson arsenal want 26m so no. Vaart at chelsea. Downings a no go because i dont like him lol. Guardado i put in a bid but hes at liverpool so prob want loads!

Nocerino co owned inter n juve ill look inot it but not sure. think i might get veloso play him mc should be fine. but i need someone.

put bid in for Johnson and Quaresma as well.

got Gignac for 8m usually fires them in so should be alright

Try Nsue, he has been brilliant at Villa on my game and scored a hat-trick against me. icon_mad.gif

Also for CM I would recommend Banega (DM) or Wijnaldum (AM).

i got wijnaldum play him in cup games and Nsue i dont buy anymore never become anything great for me..

Marchisio i looked at as well. i got Veloso instead. not doing half as well as last season. icon_frown.gif

i got vilas boas now upgraded all my staff 7star coaches in all areas now icon_smile.gif first time ever!!

these are my signings now:

scr241ec1ccqc8.th.jpg

Felt i could have performed a little better than that but meh its okay.

mmainly regens inthere.

prem won 3 drawn 4 and lost 1 not great but could be worse! need to go on a winning streak.

CL - Group = Marsielle, Porto and Sevilla HARD!!

Absolutely gutted.

Just finished my 5th in my 2nd season and Owen has signed for Liverpool! I couldn't get him to sign a new contract so they snapped him up!

Any suggestions for a replacement? I've got around £22m to spend...

Originally posted by paul1r:

Absolutely gutted.

Just finished my 5th in my 2nd season and Owen has signed for Liverpool! I couldn't get him to sign a new contract so they snapped him up!

Any suggestions for a replacement? I've got around £22m to spend...

Sorry forgot to mention, he was top scorer in the premiership 2 seasons running and last season won European footballer of the year! icon_frown.gif

I've got Martins and Berbatov but still need to replace Owen...

yeah, Briand is ace. Obviously go for Aguero if you can. You'd probably need to add some additional fees over 24 months to break that transfer budget, maybe also alongside a 50% sell on, but if he's still at Atletico then work something out and grab him

Archived