SI needs to fix this problem

I watch baseball. Its nothing like football. There are no comparisons to draw on this matter. There is no discretion on the time limits in baseball, whereas the time a game of football ends is, wait for it, at the discretion of the referee.

There are tons of discretions in time limits. If a pitcher takes to long a ball can be given to the batter (up to the discretion of the umpire). Same thing if a batter takes to long he can get a strike called on him. The end of a baseball game isn't set in a time limit no, but there are time limits in baseball.

BTW I was using baseball as an example of mistakes that happen by the officials causing potential trouble to a team, same thing happens in football too.

This should be merged with Legions thread.

He wants ref mistakes removed.

Takos, did you see the recent World Cup? Did you notice any game changing (and therefore Cup winning/losing) refereeing mistakes? I'd say there were one or two. They happen at all levels and always ruin someones chance of something. But thats football. You don't like it, I'd suggest FM is not for you.

I must admit that to have both Brian S and Cougar so wound up you've done very well indeed. ;)

This should be merged with Legions thread.

He wants ref mistakes removed.

Takos, did you see the recent World Cup? Did you notice any game changing (and therefore Cup winning/losing) refereeing mistakes? I'd say there were one or two. They happen at all levels and always ruin someones chance of something. But thats football. You don't like it, I'd suggest FM is not for you.

I must admit that to have both Brian S and Cougar so wound up you've done very well indeed. ;)

Listen I really don't like arguing with a bunch of people I don't even know, and I really enjoy playing the game. Ill tell you what I wanted to do in this save. I started out as a pro level coach un employed. I waited until end of september/october for a struggling team to take over and sign a 1 year contract. I took over Levante who were last in the SL2 and got them to 6th place by end of the year and signed a multi year deal with them. Next season I finished in 3rd and was promoted but 1st year in the SL1 got relegated so I was fired. I had tons of offers but decided to wait again and take a struggling team back up the ranks (thats my goal on this save, to save a struggling franchise on a 1 year contract and try to be rewarded with another one).

My 2nd team was Livorno in Serie A, last team in standings and they really sucked. Average age was 34 and little transfer money. So after one year I didn't sign a new contract. Now this 3rd team I took over is Rotherham and this is where my problem happened. Been struggling in CCL1 since end of October and this one tie at +7 has put a huge halt to my moving out of relegation, in fact its pushed me back as all confidence was lost after the game.

I never said remove the mistakes, just tweak this one problem thats all im advocating. Yes I watched the World Cup and yes Im well aware of the mistakes. Does it mean the best team won then if ref mistakes play a huge part in determining the winner of a match? Does that mean I have to like it when it happens to me? Especially in a game ; and remember games are supposed to be fun.

Listen I really don't like arguing with a bunch of people I don't even know, and I really enjoy playing the game. Ill tell you what I wanted to do in this save. I started out as a pro level coach un employed. I waited until end of september/october for a struggling team to take over and sign a 1 year contract. I took over Levante who were last in the SL2 and got them to 6th place by end of the year and signed a multi year deal with them. Next season I finished in 3rd and was promoted but 1st year in the SL1 got relegated so I was fired. I had tons of offers but decided to wait again and take a struggling team back up the ranks (thats my goal on this save, to save a struggling franchise on a 1 year contract and try to be rewarded with another one).

My 2nd team was Livorno in Serie A, last team in standings and they really sucked. Average age was 34 and little transfer money. So after one year I didn't sign a new contract. Now this 3rd team I took over is Rotherham and this is where my problem happened. Been struggling in CCL1 since end of October and this one tie at +7 has put a huge halt to my moving out of relegation, in fact its pushed me back as all confidence was lost after the game.

I never said remove the mistakes, just tweak this one problem thats all im advocating. Yes I watched the World Cup and yes Im well aware of the mistakes. Does it mean the best team won then if ref mistakes play a huge part in determining the winner of a match? Does that mean I have to like it when it happens to me? Especially in a game ; and remember games are supposed to be fun.

You don't have to be happy when it goes wrong, of course not. I don't think anyone said that. I certainly have not anyway. If it had gone in your favour, would you be wanting that "problem tweaked"?

Referee mistakes happen in real life and they happen in the game. More time gets added on than indicated initially both in reality and in the game.

They can go both ways as I already said. It is no fun watching what happened in your game to your own team like it's no fun watching your team get beat 5-0 or get a man sent off at a crucial time or one of your players making a stupid mistake. It is fun when something goes for you like a goal in time after stoppage time as I've already said a couple of times.

Maybe next time the confidence of your players will be restored with a winning goal in the time extra played after added time. Who knows? As the cliché goes, Edgar said further up, that's football.

Just to add if you think this happens too excessively, an unrealistic amount of time was added on or something else like that, do what Neil Brock said above and they will look into it. :thup:

You don't have to be happy when it goes wrong, of course not. I don't think anyone said that. I certainly have not anyway. If it had gone in your favour, would you be wanting that "problem tweaked"?

Referee mistakes happen in real life and they happen in the game. More time gets added on than indicated initially both in reality and in the game.

They can go both ways as I already said. It is no fun watching what happened in your game to your own team like it's no fun watching your team get beat 5-0 or get a man sent off at a crucial time or one of your players making a stupid mistake. It is fun when something goes for you like a goal in time after stoppage time as I've already said a couple of times.

Maybe next time the confidence of your players will be restored with a winning goal in the time extra played after added time. Who knows? As the cliché goes, Edgar said further up, that's football.

Just to add if you think this happens too excessively, an unrealistic amount of time was added on or something else like that, do what Neil Brock said above and they will look into it. :thup:

Thank you for speaking sense and not screaming that "its football so its realistic" cliche.

Maybe Im in a minority but when my team gets by on a bad call or a freak play I don't jump up and down and celebrate and I understand the law of averages tends to work itself out over a full season. Maybe its partly my fault that I decided to take over this team over some others that were offering me jobs. I have quite alot of countries and leagues selected so I can bounce around. I was going for a Larry Brown type save here (he is an NBA coach that almost always goes to a struggling team and quite often tends to fix them to become somewhat competative).

I don't like losing by a large margin, but I'd never complain about that, because that IS something I see all the time. Getting carded actually rarely happens to me because I play a heavy possession based tactic so the AI tends to commit more fouls than me.

And if I noticed this problem going in my favor then yes I do believe i would like it tweaked, although since I don't actually remember it going in my favor to such an extent I dont know if my answer can be 100% honest.

Again thank you for speaking sense and at least understanding where Im coming from with my complaint.

Archived