[FM10] Globetrotting-Management Style

B.W.G

This is my first attempt at a Journeyman game on FM 10.

Version 10.3

Small Database

Countries loaded:

Europe - Belarus,Croatia,England,France,Germany,Hungary,Ireland,Italy,N.Ireland, Norway,Portugal,Russia,Scotland,Spain,Sweden,Turkey,Wales

Asia - China,Hong Kong,Singapore,South Korea

South America - Argentina,Brazil,Chile,Colombia

North America - U.S.A

Africa - South Africa

Ocenia - Australia

All major nations will have top flight as the only league

Updates will be done monthly

After applying for the jobs, the one I decided to pick is Kildare County of the Irish First Division. As you can see, I may have bitten off more then I can chew!!!

Season         Club                     Country
---------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        Kildare County           Ireland. 

July 2009

Transfers - With only a short time to get players in, it was a complete failure. Players were not interested in amateur terms.

The fixtures for July 09

U.C.D 3-0 Kildare- Not the start I was looking for. We were just outclassed everywhere on the pitch. This may be the toughest job going but the scoreline was smaller then the previous manager had.

Kildare 2-2 Athlone Town- Now this was encouraging, we were outplayed but we never gave up and that was proven by the comeback. A first point on the board after 2 games in charge and already scored 2 goals scored. Finally something to smile about for Kildare.

Finn Harps 3-0 Kildare- After the morale boosting performance last time, I was hoping to continue the improvement but I think the players forgot to turn up as we were well and truly thrashed. We need to start improving the performances otherwise we could find ourselves out the league

Summary

I have already performed better then the last manager with scoring a point. All I need to do now is score 4 more goals to have a better goalscoring record. I can only hope for survival by the means of the relegation playoff otherwise I will find myself sacked.

August 2009

Transfers - As of end 31/08/08 - The squad needs a total overhaul, the squad is improving and is adapting to the tactics but I still need to improve the fullbacks and forward positions.

Now for the matches.

01/08/09

Kildare 0 - 3 Shelbourne - I am not surprised in the slightest as Shelbourne are one of the strongest in the league. Players are still gelling and adapting but the gap between me and others is still massive but will improve with time.

08/08/09

Kildare 0-1 Fingal - To keep the league leaders to 1 goal was good enough for me as they totally dominated but it shows the defence is improving but we still have along way to go.

15/08/09

Longford 0-1 Kildare-We had luck on our side but at times in football, you need luck. A first win is always morale boosting and we have come along way in the space of just over a month. A first win on the board and hopfully I can score a few more points to make it look more respectable.

22/08/09

Kildare 0 - 2 Wexford - We tried to put up a fight but we still have our weaknesses. The players have seemed to adapted so hopfully I will be able to snatch some points against the weaker teams.

29/08/09

Limerick 0 - 0 Kildare - They dominated, we had a chanced to win but missed the penalty but I am more then happy with a draw and we have now hit 5 points in the league.

Table as end of August. Needless to say I will be in the relegation playoff so it is a case of strengthening up ready for it.

Summary

The improvements can be seen so it is a case of continuous improvement. I feel we are getting stronger but it more of a case of who I face and will they be semi-pro or amateur.

September 09

Transfers - The overhauling continues, differences in the games can be seen and another 2 strikers signed to try and solve the goal crisis.

Very short month in term of games - only 2.

11/09/09

Monaghan 1-0 Kildare - The scorelines are being kept down which is a good sign in terms of defence but scoring continues to be a problem as you can see. This rate I will be going for a penalty shootout win in the playoff.

19/09/09

Kildare 1-1 Waterford - A debut goal from James Shields is a relief and hopfully he will ber able to continue. We were a tad unlucky not to win but thats football.

Summary

Table- as of 1st October 09 - I knew I would had to do a playoff but it has now been confirmed. All there is to do is continue the better form, win another game and score a few more goals.

October 2009

Transfers - The overhaul continues but the quality of players being brought in are improving alot which has been helpful in performances.

A slightly more busy month with 3 league games

02/10/09

Mervue Utd 0 - 1 Kildare - A priceless victory with Mclean scoring a header form inside the area, we then manage to hold on to claim the 3 points.

10/10/09

Kildare 1-0 U.C.D -backfoot most of the game, a late controversial penalty given and scored....do I care....nope. At the end of the day, a win is a win no matter how it is. James Shields hit is second goal in 3 games to claim the points.

30/10/09

Shelbourne 1-0 Kildare - the fact I only conceded one against second in the league was an achievement, I was never going to get anything but I can leave this match with confidence in my defence.

Summary

Table - As of 1/11/10 - It looks lot more respectable now. I have scored all the points and 6 of the goals which means I have performed a minor miracle. Two games left in the league in November then the relegation playoff. The worrying thing is that my contract runs out in Decemeber but no signs of a new one.

November 2009

Transfers-Just the one extra as it was the last month of the Irish season.

Four games to be played in November. Two league and two playoff.

04/11/09

Kildare 1-1 Finn Harps - Managed to scrape a point in which was a game more in Finn Harps favour but it keeps morale higher for the teamm

15/11/09

Athlone 1-0 Kildare - Just what I didn't want, a defeat to our rivals. Saying that, they dominated and could of had alot more then just the one goal.

With the league season now over, the table looked like this. It was always going to be a battle but I put a bit of respect back into the team.

With the season now over I was drawn against Carlow in the relegation playoff.

18/11/09

Carlow 1-1 Kildare- I was lucky to walk away with a draw from the game. James Shields scored his 3rd goal in 7 games which was our only shot on target in the whole game.

21/11/09

Kildare 2-0 Carlow - Kildare win 3-1 on Agg (AET) - I finally did it, the red card helped us but we finally broke the resistance and claimed survival with our biggest win of the season.

Summary

I am ecstactic to have claimed survival as I have been up against semi-pro teams including Carlow and prevailed. I have signed a new contract but I will look to see if I can get a semi-pro job anywhere as I will have more chance to further myself then I would staying at an amateur side.

Honours

None

History

Period                Club                     Country
---------------------------------------------------------------
July 2009 -           Kildare County           Ireland. 

Pre-Season

With the first game of the season being in March, I have had alot of time on my hands.

In the transfer market I have bought in 26 new players while I have let 23 go. With this I hope to improve alot on last seasons narrow escape.

Pre-Season Results

Kildare 2-0 Tramore

Kildare 2-1 Evergreen

Kildare 1-1 Mt.Merrion

Kildare 4-0 Phoenix F.C

Kildare 1-0 Ballymun

Encouraging results against similar sides but not on same level as other first division teams.

Aims

These aims are from my board.

Irish First Division - Learn from the experience of participating

Irish Senior Cup - 2nd Round

League Cup - Learn from the experience of participating.

My main aim is improval as I don't find learning from experince very ambitious. With a full season ahead, I should be able to make more of an impact.

March 2010

No Transfers were made. I was happy with the quality and that I could do much better then last season.

Busy month with 4 league games and a cup game in the league cup.

06/03/2010-Irish First Division

Kildare 1-0 Wexford - What a start to the season and a well deserved debut goal by Matthew Judge. Did ride my luck a bit as they could not get a shot on target.

13/03/10-Irish First Division

Limerick 1-2 Kildare - The good form continues with Judge getting another and strike partner Wayne Byrne getting his first. This was a well deserved win as I outplayed them but took a latter winner to do so.

20/03/10-Irish First Division

Kildare 2-2 Mervue Utd - A fair result in a evenly fought contest. This result shows that we are more then a match for teams as Mervue finished last season quite a bit above Kildare.

27/03/10-Irish First Division

Finn Harps 2-1 Kildare - Unbeaten record gone and rightly so as we did not really turn up as we had one shot on target which we converted. Hopfully we can bounce back to carry on the good start in the league.

31/03/10-Irish League Cup

Mullingar Town 0-4 Kildare - Emphatic victory in a dominated match. The red card had little effect as we were already cruising. Now we get to see who we get in the next round and see if we can gain some prize money.

Summary

Table- As of 01/04/10 - What a fantastic start. Only 6 points off equally last years total and only 6 goals and we still have 29 games left :eek:Matthew Judge has been a key part with hitting 4 in 4 in the league and 5 in 5 overall. Long may it continue :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived