Defending the infiltrating AMC?

Dear coaches,

I'm having trouble with the infiltrating AMC. He sets up the one-two with one of the wingers and beats the offside trap time and time again.

I like to pull my team back. Once they lose the ball they need to get back into shape asap and trying to regain the ball is only the secondary objective. Unfortunately I'm getting skinned way to often through the center. Anyone any thoughts on how to stop these problems?

Here are some screens of my defensive set-up:

opstellingmurcia.jpg

closingdmurcia.png

teaminstrmurcia.png

From the information you've shown 2 things don't look right to me:

1- your side defenders have too low closing down. your DCs should be the ones with the lowest level of closing down. I suggest upping your dr and dl closing down to somewhere inbetween the DCs and central midfielders. Also, have you tries staggered mentality/closing down for your DCs? (stopper/cover) it does work sufficiently well if they have the right attributes.

2- your d-line is too low to be playing the offside trap. Unless your defenders have amazing positioning/anticipation i'd untick "play offside", or think about raising the d-line.

From the information you've shown 2 things don't look right to me:

1- your side defenders have too low closing down. your DCs should be the ones with the lowest level of closing down. I suggest upping your dr and dl closing down to somewhere inbetween the DCs and central midfielders. Also, have you tries staggered mentality/closing down for your DCs? (stopper/cover) it does work sufficiently well if they have the right attributes.

2- your d-line is too low to be playing the offside trap. Unless your defenders have amazing positioning/anticipation i'd untick "play offside", or think about raising the d-line.

1. I've lowered the CD of my FB's because I kept getting skinned by throug balls to the flanks. The opposition would play the ball to their TM who holds the ball and plays a through ball between mij CD and FB. The FB, who is higher up the field, is to late to intercept the infiltrating AML/R.

2. Gonna untick offside and give it a go. If I keep conceding I'll try to raise my d-line. I'll get back to ya.

I think you should take a look at this excellent thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=211866

Dear coaches,

I'm having trouble with the infiltrating AMC. He sets up the one-two with one of the wingers and beats the offside trap time and time again.

I like to pull my team back. Once they lose the ball they need to get back into shape asap and trying to regain the ball is only the secondary objective. Unfortunately I'm getting skinned way to often through the center. Anyone any thoughts on how to stop these problems?

Here are some screens of my defensive set-up:

opstellingmurcia.jpg

closingdmurcia.png

teaminstrmurcia.png

Archived