employing 2xAMC

....behind a lone striker. the system appeals to me i'm just not sure how to work it. what "role" should i set the two (very very gifted) AMs? what i want them to do is to run onto thru balls played into the box.

and other than setting thru balls on high for all, is there any other way to ensure a constant supply of these?

thanks

Well you need to work out where the players are going to be at different stages in a move and where the throughballs are coming from and going at different stages in a move.

Setting your deeper players to TTB Often might see your Fullbacks and DM's looking to play passes ahead of your lone striker or wingers. It might not depending on your shape, tactics and opponent, but it's important to get the right play at the right times.

I would imagine that what you want is for your Lone Striker + Wingers to try hitting throughballs to your AMCs. Direct throughballs through the middle, especially from range, are very difficult moves to execute well and then score from.

i'm employing 3 x MCs. no wingers. the moves typically get to the MCs cos i purposely bought DCs with good composure and passing who play it out from the back. my hope is that the MCs would then play in the lone striker or one of the AMCs.

i know thru balls are difficult but its the way i like to play and watch things unfold. i have the players to execute it once their accustommed to one another. have had a complete squad overhaul so a fair few friendlies need to be played for the team to gel.

It depends a LOT on the ST. If you have a big target man type forward, then set your 3 MCs to defensive and your big target man to full Offensive, to give your gifted AMCs room to operate in, otherwise they will just trip over each other.

Set them to do creative stuff, set their freedom to highish, put run with ball on to often, and if they have the correct PPMs then set them to shoot frequently from range. If they are that gifted, you might want to put their passing to short, and to rarely try through balls so that they will try to pile drive through the defence rather than pass to your target man.

It depends a LOT on the ST. If you have a big target man type forward, then set your 3 MCs to defensive and your big target man to full Offensive, to give your gifted AMCs room to operate in, otherwise they will just trip over each other.

Set them to do creative stuff, set their freedom to highish, put run with ball on to often, and if they have the correct PPMs then set them to shoot frequently from range. If they are that gifted, you might want to put their passing to short, and to rarely try through balls so that they will try to pile drive through the defence rather than pass to your target man.

thanks. i'm trying to get thru balls through to BOTH the 2 AMCs and also the striker. the striker is vucinic, not really a target man but great off the ball.

the AMCs are alex (spartak moscow) and Hamsik

My mate gave me a tactic exactly like this one and I have had lots of success with it. It is made in classic mode though so I cannot help with the roles of the players. The tactic focused passing through the middle and most attacks were through very narrow quick passes. The FB's were used defensively and had rarely for run from deep. I have found this set up to be the most successful I have ever used on FM10. I could post screenies of the AMC's instructions if you want?

My mate gave me a tactic exactly like this one and I have had lots of success with it. It is made in classic mode though so I cannot help with the roles of the players. The tactic focused passing through the middle and most attacks were through very narrow quick passes. The FB's were used defensively and had rarely for run from deep. I have found this set up to be the most successful I have ever used on FM10. I could post screenies of the AMC's instructions if you want?

that'd be good. it's working well in pre-season but against very low class opposition. i think i need to remain patient until the team gels (i've basically sold the whole squad and bought a new team) but each game i see movement i like. i, too, have the fbs on defend although they do tend to run forward sometimes

what difference do width and tempo make to this kind of system? my whole midfield has high creativity and decisions so i'm assuming that they can adapt well to a quicker tempo but i'm not sure whether to employ this or slower.

amcs.jpg

That's how the AMC's are set up in the tactic I was sent. Tempo is first notch of slow and width is first notch after narrow in classic mode.

thanks for that. i'm playing narrow and slow. i believe slow gives them more time to think thru thru balls and gives the amcs and the striker time to carve out some space or make a run into the area.

the only thing i'm still considering is whether to have the amcs on 20 mentality (striker is 15) or 15 like the striker.

i'm trying to determine how to test this out and what to look for and what difference a 20 vs 15 mentality would make?

Archived