10.3 = Hell!

Ok on 10.2 I had no problems making solid tactics...AI hardly cracked it but then 10.3 came along and I can't string along four wins in a row. I'm even playing with Man United. They have quality players and I can't even keep a clean sheet. Every match I have to concede a goal or two (in a few cases 4 goals!!)..I play 4-4-2 or 4-2-4..I have tried different approaches and different mentalities but nothing works. Yeah I'm on top of the league but my conceded goals are just ridiculous...I've reached 12 or 13 games now and I've conceded 19 goals already!!!

Another thing...STAMINA. Has anyone noticed but most of your players are worn out when you reach the hour mark. Is it just United's players or is it everyone? 10.3 is very very difficult

Has anyone kept a long winning or unbeaten streak with many clean sheets on a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 tactic?

The AI does not crack your tactics. They simply start to play more defensively, in order to make themselves harder to break down, as you start to play well and get on a hot streak.

What you have to do is look at each match different and don't expect what worked in the match before to work in your current match.

If you need help with a particular approach, look to see if there is another thread on the same situation and if there isn't then ask and hopefully someone will reply you.

Also, I think you are overreacting a bit. Your winning games and your top of the table. There's no need to worry mate.......at least for now.

You said your trying many different approaches....that could be the reason that you are conceding because you may be changing things so much that they are no longer settled in a particular tactic.

All I can say is that when all else fails, go rigid :thup:

P.S. I've done well with a 4-2-4 and I am sure a lot of other people have done so also. I'm sure that you can too.

In my fun save running alongside my Everton save I am playing beautiful football with a slight variation on a 4-4-2. Pretty bog standard with Sneijder playing AML on a free role and an attacking full back Maicon at DR. Pretty sure Valencia can play AMR on a loose role with Evra bombing down the left.

Don't set all your players to attacking mentalities, I play E'too at RF in a supporting role which he likes, Chivu a defensive LB (cover for Wesley), Cambiasso as a defending CM, likewise Motta and Stankovic as an automatic wide mid fielder on the right. Swapped around I think that Carrick and Fletcher would love to be sitting in the middle of the park steadying the ship spraying balls to your run makers. Giggs would adore a defensive winger role above your rampaging full back. Try it out.

My consistency in 10.3 is also non-existant. I have never had a problem creating solid tactics with any of the other FMs, but in 10.3 I have pretty much given up. I don't expect (or want) to roll through the league, but I like to see that the changes I make to a tactic actually mean something, which really isn't the case atm. I don't feel in control.. it all feels too random.

I think it mostly comes down to teamtalks which in my opinion have WAY to much influence on games. I have gone through so many tactics and made adjustments from what I see (watch all matches in full), still no luck. My squad is not the best in the EPL, but still pretty damn good.

I hope they tone down how much the teamtalks do for a team in the next FM.

10.3 has been an absolute nightmare for me with 442. I have varied my tactics in many different ways and the only consistent thing seems to be my inconsistency. Even where I have the best squad in the league I find myself losing too many games and having unexplicable and season ending dips in form that last well over 5 games and include defeats against teams I should otherwise beat.

Last game I played with united after 2 years I finished the league with 33 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss and I played every match but one using the same base tactic. (Was forced to change tactics because every winger but Park was injured). I change the touchline instructions around a bit depending on how the games going.

I used 4-1-3-2 (well... 4-1-1-2-2) system. A good DMC will really limit the number of goals you concede (Hargreaves sadly doesn't really cut it in 10.3).

Your wingers, support striker and central playmaker will get tired very quickly I find but most other positions can last the full 90 minutes without any problems barring the ever annoying "Rooney has taken a knock three seconds after you just used your last substitution and his condition is now 40%". If you look at the condition of the opposition players they tend to be very low after an hour too so it's not really a handicap.

Archived