Does anyone bother with Trequartista?

The TQ is a great role for those older, mature players with falling physical stats, but very high technical and mental stats. You see them around the league - here's a good role for them to fill! I think it's a mold of player that doesn't fit the English idea of a football player, but is integral to a lot of continental and even South American clubs.

Absolutely. In England, perhaps we are too concerned with the flat lines of the 4-4-2, which has very much been our tradition in the past.

As a national team, maybe the closest we have got is when we played 4-3-1-2 under Keegan with Scholes as the '1', where the team was often something like the following:

Seaman

Campbell	Keown		Adams		Neville

Beckham		Ince		Redknapp

Scholes

Shearer 	Owen

With Scholes given total freedom to roam in the hole and use his creativity and passing ability. He also scored most of his international goals playing this role under Keegan. However, he was actually probably more of an 'advanced playmaker' in FM terms.

I use a treq in my Stocksbridge save i line up with a 4-1-3-2 formation and Jamie Vardy is my LH striker and treq after unsuccsesfully trying him as a poacher and complete forward he hit 15 goals last season and his strike partner Gary Bradshaw got 25 this season Vardy scored 4 and assisted the other in an opening day romp and now halfway through season both are on between 12-15 goals and have formed a lethal partnership for me

well im at lazio and cant get zarate who has top stats to produce over a whole season (was trying for 4 previous years) then this season i tried it and he was the best player in the world im just finishing 5th year now i think its best for am/st types especially if they dont work well for the team it gets the best out of them cos you more or less say go out and play to them by putting trequartista

Absolutely. In England, perhaps we are too concerned with the flat lines of the 4-4-2, which has very much been our tradition in the past.

As a national team, maybe the closest we have got is when we played 4-3-1-2 under Keegan with Scholes as the '1', where the team was often something like the following:

[...]

With Scholes given total freedom to roam in the hole and use his creativity and passing ability. He also scored most of his international goals playing this role under Keegan. However, he was actually probably more of an 'advanced playmaker' in FM terms.

We did something similar under Hoddle in a 3-4-1-2, again with the '1' (Scholes) as the 'fantasista'.

Seaman

Neville		Adams		Campbell

Anderton	Beckham		Ince		Le Saux

Scholes 

Owen		Shearer

So this was used by both of England's more attack-minded coaches, both of whom had played abroad, and in Hoddle's case, he probably had a more 'European' style too, which was more in keeping with this kind of tactical choice.

I haven't tried it for forwards, but my experience with an AMC TQ in a 4-3-1-2 formation is a mixed bag really. As useful as the role can be on a good day I feel that there are better ways to utilize my central midfield. Personally I tend to get more out of each player if my playmaker operates from the MC position, using the AMC as an AM with attacking duty. Obviously there are many factors to consider such as team composition, general strategy etc etc. However, this is what is working best for me.

Archived