Training; Maintaining ageing players

As you all know when a player reaches the age of 30 his physical attributes to begin to deteriorate. What I want to know is, is there anyway to delay the decline or maintain their physical attributes, possibly by focusing on Aerobic and Anaerobic rather than technical/mental schedules?

There are 6 things that effect stat gain/decline

1) Age

2) Professionalism

3) Age

4) Determination

5) Ambition

6) Age

Age is listed 3 times because it's by far the most important. Interestingly enough, the other stats can only be changed through tutoring.

A bit off topic but basically tutoring is the most important thing you can do when building wonderkids because it affects things like Professionalism and Determination which will determine their success their whole career.

Once a player is already old there is little you can do. If he's not professional/Determined I would offload him quickly before his stats/form/value begin to plummet.

From a training standpoint I think the general consensus is to embrace the age transformation. Drop physical training to lower levels and focus more on shooting/tactics etc...

What makes players like Beckham and Lampard last long is they are professionals who don't rely on pace or physicality to perform.

Giggs in particular (in reality) made the transformation from pacey winger to intelligent playmaker quite well.

hope this helped.

Archived