Liverpool Fútbol Club - The Uruguayan Liverpool

Liverpool Fútbol Club, usually known simply as Liverpool, is an Uruguayan football club based in Montevideo. The club joined the first division for the first time in 1919. The name was taken after a geography class where the former members of the club were studying the ports of Great Britain, and they decided that "Liverpool" would sound good for a football team. It has been confirmed that they named the soccer team this way. For the 2005-06 season, the away kit changed to a new all red one, thus looking exactly like the English Liverpool football team. Liverpool plays home matches in Estadio Belvedere (Belvedere Stadium), formerly owned by the Montevideo Wanderers.

Honours

Liverpool have failed to win any domestic title. They are famously dubbed as the greatest team in the league never to win the title of champions.

They have also never won either of the major cups, they have reached the final of the Torneo Apertura and liguilla, both in 1995 only to be beaten by Club Atlético Peñarol and Defensor Sporting respectively.

Information shamelessly stolen from wikipedia.

Anyway, to try and rekindle my interest in Football Manager I decided I would attempt a game with the Uruguayan Liverpool - Liverpool.

Think I played as them on FM 2006, couldn't be bothered after a about 7 matches icon_biggrin.gif

Will be playing a two player game with a mate, God knows what Uruguayan side he's going to be. Should be good though.

Good luck to anyone else who tries it.

yeah I'm kinda struggling to discover some freebies/cheapchaps.

mate chose Bella Vista, who are pretty similar in terms of quality. good thing is I'm hopefully gonna make a couple of mil from sales, then I may be able to put in some offers. whether or not a club of my stature will be able to attract any decent players is another matter.

should be FUN.

Archived