Getting Strikers To Perform.

In the last two tactics iv created, for two different teams i have struggled creating chances. Both of them played with two strikers. One was a flat 4-4-2 and the other is a 3-5-2, with attacking wingers. The only real similarities between the two is that they both played with target men (support). One with an advanvced forward and the other with a poacher. What i notice is that when the mid-field have the ball, both strikers are standing nexy to each other on the edge of the 18 yard box. This results in the mid-field just passing it between them as they are both heavily marked. In both tactics my defence has been very solid and we have just not created chances. And most of the goals scored have come from long shots. Can anyone please help me with this, i have a basic understanding of tactics and am very keen to learn more on how to bag loads of goals. Thanks in advance.

It depends on alot of things Tactis is Tactics but the players are another thing if you dont have the players or if you have the wrong players that will affect what is going on you. You first need to find out whats not happening other then your not scoring goals.

Take into the fact are you creating chances? are you able to get the ball to the correct Striker to put the ball in the net?

i would take a look at your match information and see whats happening if you are not getting the ball to the striker or if your other players are shooting rather then passing can cause a problem.

Is your squad Gelled? basically we need more information about your setup some of the key players and etc for us to help you.

Might also have to tweak the Mentality of your attacking players, making sure they aren't too far apart to not connect with each other, but at the same time neither too high up to be too far from play or too deep leading to a congested midfield.

You might also want to try asking certain players to either move into channels or hug the touchline, as well as adjusting overall team width, to perhaps create space in certain situations.

Like someone else mentioned, it's hard to tell what's wrong exactly, without a closer look, but I hope you figure it out. Failing that, there are a few very helpful guides for individual player instructions that can point you in the right direction.

Archived