Virus free?

Jake1666

That's the internet. You cannot be 100% safe anywhere - you can, if you deactivate your internet connection :p.

I can only speak for my files and the hosts I'm using: my files are clean for sure, the hosts I'm using appear so too. If you're downloading stuff from other sites, you always have to ask yourself: Can I trust these guys? Have I heard anything bad about this site? Are there users that warned me against these sites? In most cases you can trust them, but there are always some black sheeps out in the net.

But the FM-communities are not very known for virus-infested sites, although sortitoutsi.net had some troubles with hackers during Christmas09. And yes, some users also have reported that they have warning messages after download from "susie". But nevertheless they are clean, as Rob (admin there) states here: http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/45339-we-are-clean-of-viruses/

If you're talking about those pop-ups: Warning, your PC is infected. Please make a free scan in the Internet....

Don't listen to these pop-ups, they appear on not "so reliable" servers in the net. Just ignore these browser pop-ups or block them with add-ons for Firefox (NoScript or AdBlockPlus doing some decent jobs). If you're using Internet Explorer, please change to Firefox or any other browser, IE is also not very reliable regarding internet security, although Microsoft has invested some time to improve this.

Archived