[FM10] Hellas Verona Football Club Bringing Success back to the Bentegodi

Gaz35

I’m new but i thought i would share my first season with Verona

100px-HellasVerona.png

Season Review

At the start of the season we where predicted 5th and we finished 3rd making it into the play offs.

Here is the team that did it

Here are my transfers for the season

I mainly concentrated on quality free transfers one that was particularly pleasing was the signing of

Ingrao was amazing all season pretty much creating goals for us left right and centre.

The final League table look like this -

Table

Finishing 3rd was the best we could do with our late season form being abysmal, we where 1 point off top spot with 5 games to go and i think we won 1 of those 5 remaining games.

We Gained promotion by beating promotion favourites Rimini 7-4 on aggregate in the playoff finals.

Here is an image of our latest results -

Results

Now to Serie B :D , though i would like your opinion when getting promoted to you tend to gut the squad and buy loads of new players in or do you keep the core of your previous season squad ?

More to come...

ps My spoilers dont seem to work i checked the board FAQ secion and im doing it correctly

Any ideas ?

Ok So here are my second and 3rd season review

100px-HellasVerona.png

Season Review 2010/11 Serie B

Predicted 18th

Finished 8th

This season was all about staying up , it was odd i didn’t want to be too successful in my first season in Serie B as i wanted to build a team that would challenge for next season.

Here is who i brought in , i was give a budget of 1.2 million

Transfers

I was particularly happy with the aqusistions of Zalayeta Bernacci and Zofcak , they all added something this season Zalayeta scored 19 goals in 37 games and was our leading goal scorer.

here is the final League standings -

Final Table

We finished 8th but had a good chance of finishing 6th and getting into the play offs , overall i achieved what i set out to do and that was to stay up and start building a team for next season.

Game Summary

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Serie C1/B                3rd      Promoted via playoffs
2010/11   Serie  B                    8th     

100px-HellasVerona.png

Season Review 2011/12 Serie B

Predicted 11th

Finished 2nd

This season i was determined to prove that our team was worth a shot at promotion i brought in some quality signings here they are -

Transfers

The likes of Van Damme and Luis Jimenez where particularly pleasing though i also brought in an amazing regen called Juarez Pedro

in January he was let go by Cruz Azul , god knows why here are his stats -

Juarez Pedro

He pretty much single handily spear headed us to Serie A -

Here is the Final League Table

We had a little bit of look as we where destined for the play offs until the last game of the season as Salernitana could only manage a draw to Empoli as we won our final game

against Triestina and with our superior goal difference ( mainly due to pedro ) we where promoted which came as quite a surprise because i think at the start of January we

where floating round mid table in 8th , but this league is so close any one can win it.

Here was the Team that did it -

My Team

So onwards and upwards to my biggest challenge yet , keeping us in serie A now we have palyed a few Serie A teams in cups but i think our last taste was a 5-0 defeat to Genoa

so its going to be tough.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Serie C1/B                3rd      Promoted via playoffs
2010/11   Serie  B                    8th     
2011/12   Serie  B                    2nd      Promoted as Runners-up 

Nice thread Gaz.

I've been playing with Verona in my Calcio Journeyman thread, although I'm some way into the future and I think pretty much of all of the original squad have long since departed.

Great work so far anyway! You are doing better than me, as I'm still stuck at C1 level, having just lost in the play-off finals. :(

Good luck with this. I will be following. :)

Archived