[FM10] AFC Emley feat. Oldies + Foreigners

m1234566778

AFC Emley - Info

Emley is a small village situated in the Huddersfield area, however, it is in amongst the border between West and South Yorkshire. The club play at Welfare Ground which consists of a all-seater covered stand and a covered terrace.

The club had a successful spell in the late 90's in which they had a cup run which saw them play West Ham United. The club then merged with Wakefield to form 'Wakefield & Emley', this didn't work out and AFC Emley was soon formed in level 10, Wakefield still play in the unibond division 1 north.

Glynn Hurst is probably Emleys most well known player in the modern era. He signed for Emley after being released from Barnsley as a youngster and then played in Scotland with Ayr. He moved back to England for a big fee and more recently has played for Bury and now Gainsborough.

Save info

Played on S_B's level 10 database :thup: with all players of English and French nationality.

Pre-season and transfers update to follow...

Pre-season friendly results

AFC Emley 2-0 Penrith

New signing Antoine Rasolofo got us off to a flyer just 5 minutes in. We attacked all half and came close on numerous occasions. Penrith then had a great spell of dominance, but failed to find the net. We doubled our lead thanks to an own goal.

AFC Emley 1-3 Stade de Reims

A really good match despite the result. Over 1300 fans watched on as the former greats strutted their stuff around the Welfare, and the visitors were 2-0 up at half time. We pulled one back in the second half thanks to young striker Matthew Goddard. But the visitors sealed their win with 90th minute strike.

At. Monzón 0-4 Emley

Our trip to Spain was fantastic. A goal from loanee Lewis Nightingale got the ball rolling in the 44th minute. We doubled our lead soon after thanks to a Willy Robert strike, and then made it 3 thanks to Javary. Djamil Gangate sealed this memorable win 2 minutes from time.

Transfers to follow...

Transfers

Djamil Gangate - St Joseph - Free

Giovanni Songoro - Tampon :D - Free

Roberto Elcaman - St Denis - Free

Willy Robert - St Denis - Free

Antoine Rasolofo - AS Marsouins - Free

Patrick Vaz - Tampon :D - Free

Jean-Phillippe Javary - Avirons - Free

Jordan Hibbert - Barnsley - 3 month loan

Lewis Nightingale - Huddersfield - 3 month loan

Cedric Fraumens - St Paul - Free

Hames Sacko - Capricorne - Free

Giovanni Fétissoi - St Paul - Free

August update

Stavely MW 0-4 Emley

Emley 8-1 Grimsby Borough (NCE League Cup 1st round)

Emley 4-0 Yorkshire Amateur

Askern 0-5 Emley

Review

A wonderful first month for us. Willy Robert and Javary were in amazing form picking up regular hat tricks. The cup win was very pleasing considering the amount we won by and probably my biggest win ever on Football Manager. However, Hemsworth MW also had a fantastic first month picking up maximum points from their league matches.

September update

Emley 4-1 Bottesford

Teversal 1-4 Emley

Tadcaster 0-4 Emley (NCE shield 2nd round)

Rocester 1-0 Emley (FA vase 2nd qual.round)

Emley 1-1 Appleby Frodingham

Carneige 2-1 Emley

Review

Not as good as our first month, well not a great finish to the month. The start was brilliant once again and 4 goals for us were being scored consistently. A defeat at Rocester was expected but a little disappointing because I would have liked a good FA vase run. We also had a loss in the league which was also poor.

October update

Mexborough 0-4 Emley (Sheff & hallam cup 1st)

Wosborough 0-3 Emley

Emley 7-1 Lincoln moorlands (NCE league cup 2nd)

Emley 2-1 Rossington

Emley 2-0 Eccleshill

Pontefract colls 3-3 Emley

Review

Another great month which saw us stay at the top of the league. The cup win against a team in a higher division than us was the best moment of my Emley career so far and the scoreline was beyond anything we could have dreamed of. We released 18 players, in what was a mass clearance. 5 of the players released were signed by me and were Reunionese. I brought in several replacements for these players: French winger/striker Jerome Vareille, Kallum Higginbotham on loan from Rochdale, Jack Hunt on loan from Huddersfield and Jason Bradley on a free transfer from Mansfield. Lewis Nightingale and Jordan Hibbert both returned to their parent clubs following the expiration of their loan deals.

November update

Emley 3-0 Tadcaster

Brighouse 0-2 Emley

Bentley 1-4 Emley (Sheffield & Hallam cup 2nd)

Emley 4-1 Hemsworth

Emley 4-0 Hemsworth (NCE Shield Qtr Final)

Grimsby Borough 0-2 Emley

Review

A great month on the field, however, off the field it was less impressive. Willy Robert and Patrick Vaz agreed to leave the club. Robert has been our most prolific scorer, 17 goals in 22 matches and Vaz has created a lot of our goals, 27 assists in 26 matches. More players look set to leave as interest for our players has boomed. I managed to bring in Leigh Franks on loan for 3 months, Julian Alsop on an amateur contract and Aaron Taylor on an amateur contract.

December update

Emley 2-0 Barton

Emley 3-0 Staveley

Emley 4-1 Frickley (Sheffield & Hallam cup Qtr final)

Yorkshire Amateur 1-3 Emley

Emley 3-0 Askern

Review

A solid month which saw us stay top and increase our lead to 10 points. We also had a wonderful result against Frickley. 7 players left the club, namely Javary to Notts, Fraumens to York, Besson to Exeter and Hauguel to Bournemouth. I replaced them with Tom Denton, who signed from Huddersfield on loan, Geoff Horsfield who signed on a free, Kevin Gray who signed on a free and several more Reunion recruits.

January Update

Bottesford 2-1 Emley

Emley 4-0 Teversal

Emley 2-2 Carneige

Armthorpe 2-5 Emley (NCE league cup 3rd)

Glasshoughton 2-1 Emley

Appleby Frodingham 1-1 Emley

Review

A poor month for us to say the least. The cup match was very pleasing though and Armthorpe play in a division higher than us. The matches we lost were poor, and we played very poor. I brought in Chris Rowney at the end of the month from Oldham on loan, he will give us added depth in an injury threatened midfield. The attendances are very strong now, 400-500 compared to the 100-200 we were getting at the start of the season. This is obviously having a positive impact on our finances which are now £70,000.

February Update

Emley 3-2 Wosborough

Sheffield 1-2 Emley (Sheffield & Hallam cup semi)

Rossington 2-2 Emley

Eccleshill 0-4 Emley

Review

Another great month with another great cup match. Some great league results as well with a lot of players scoring not just one or two. The finances are also improving again thanks to the cup runs. Other than that not a lot to report on this month.

I should have probably cleared that one up. I resigned from Marine, due to the financial situation at the club. Thanks and sorry if that wasn't clear, I hope you can enjoy this career now. :thup:

Is this the same save? if so, then why didnt you continuing that thread rather than start a new one? am not getting on your back am just enquiring

End of season report

Review

The last few months were excellent, we played great football and scored some great goals. The cups were also excellent and we won every cup. (The NCE shield, Sheffield & Hallam cup and the NCE league cup).

We brought in Jamie Milligan and Steven Istead to add some depth in what was a very busy period at the club as we often played 2 matches in a week nearing the end weeks. The title however was won with weeks to spare and was clinched in front of 765 fans at the Welfare.

One final note is that I am now on the clubs favoured personnel list. :thup:

League position: 1st

Cups: NCE shield winners, NCE League cup winners and Sheffield & Hallam Cup winners.

Archived