Game is so so flawed!

Tav

I tried saying this in the tactics forum but I gave up after people telling me that its just my tactics/dynamic bla bla etc.

I played 4 seasons worth of games with my West Ham side, with wingers, then a central 4-1-2-1-2 (not too narrow, slow passing) and did poorly.

I then swapped to a 4-3-3 (changed no instructions compared to tactics prior) and suddenly it = goals goals goals and easy wins. All I basically did was put the AMC into Striker and a 10th place side is suddenly world class.

People who find FM difficult are the people trying to play realistic tactics and realistic football. It seems to me that the only way to win FM is to play a certain type of football.

You try to play realistically and fail, then people have the nerve to tell you that you know nothing about football and you need to stop watching "highlights" both in FM and in real life.

After playing hundreds of tests games with West Ham vs Everton, I noticed that 4-3-3 always got me wins, while all other formations performed randomly (yes sometimes tactics mean nothing, even the same tactic that wins 6-0, will lose 5-0 at the drop of a dime).

The FM match engine is fundementally broken in my opinion.

If you want to do well, play unrealistic tactics (strange narrow with 3 strikers), playing all out attack and create hundreds of one on ones. Plain and simple.

Not denying the ME has issues, but I just want to say that...

We, as humans, will always find a way to break the AI. It doesn't matter what SI does to the ME, the AI will always be breakable (at least until they start using an AI that is actually intelligent), and we, as users will find a way to break it. Then, we will come onto these forums and point our the flaw we have uncovered, and declare the ME "broken." It's easy for one dedicated tester to do, and we have several on these forums.

Again, in case anyone misses my point. The ME is, and no matter what SI does always will be, breakable.

Thus, enter "house rules."

After taking my existing 4-3-3 and tweeking the Width to ultra-narrow and rather quickly turning my mediocre, midtable CH side into dynamos that beat a Europe-contending Prem side, away and handily, in the fifth round of the FA cup, I have decided my new house rule is to only use tactics that have no edited sliders, i.e. no use of the Advanced button. Thus, the game will remain competitive and fun for me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived