'Opposition Instruction' do useful with any TACTIC you deploy ..

Actually, I never use this 'Opposition Instruction' in every FM games I played, until recently I have to setup it every single games I play to get the result. Otherwise I don't have joy to play and winning anymore with minnow club. (playing Napoli with minimum transfer market activity).

I found that these instructions work wonders if you need to get result and limit opponents creative players (high flair, creativity, dribblings, crossing, long shot). I set :

- Weaker Foot, Tackling Hard/Normal, Thight Marking Always --> for all opponent Strikers

- Weaker foot, tackling normal, CLosing Down Always --> for all opponent Central Mid

- Weaker foot, Thight Marking always, Closing Down Always --> for all opponent Wide Mid/Attack Wide Mid

If the opponent deployed new tactics and new player, we need to add and adjust the setting for that player.

So far, I manage to get the good result home and away against big clubs and now climbing up to 6th-4th position in second season.

Opinions are very welcome ...

• 3 months later...

Thank you Mendhelep for shearing these instructions. It looks like they really work.

I am managing Dorchester, first season in LL2 and was really struggling. After first 9 games was in 15th position, conceded 18 goals. Then used your OIs (except tackling easy on strikers and no tackling instructions on CMs) and in another 9 games I conceded only 4 goals! Now I'm fighting for automatic promotion.

I think it needs more testing, but looks very promising.

Hey,

I can't quite make out your initial point in your thread. I am not sure if you are saying that you DO use these settings when you play with your current team or if you do NOT use them.

Either way, I don't use OI's at all, and to be honest, if I did, I certainly wouldn't use the ones you are suggesting against strong opposition and I'll explain why:

- Weaker Foot, Tackling Hard/Normal, Thight Marking Always --> for all opponent Strikers

If their weaker foot is still very strong, then you are giving them space which they WILL use. If they are agile and have good dribbling and technique, they will get past you on hard tackling, unless your tacklers are top notch and the same definately applies to tight marking, especially so if the opposition striker has high acceleration and agility.

- Weaker foot, tackling normal, CLosing Down Always --> for all opponent Central Mid

Weaker foot = same as above. If you close down heavilty a skillfull MC he will either pass around you and then move into space or simply move the ball beyond you as you close him down and move into the space you just created.

- Weaker foot, Thight Marking always, Closing Down Always --> for all opponent Wide Mid/Attack Wide Mid

Wide attacking players tend to be rather pacey and they are, at least in my games, muchfaster than your average WB/FB, therefore marking them tighyly is asking for massive trouble as they will simply out 'pace' your man to run onto a through ball. They also tend to be strong dribblers or have high ability to play with the ball at their feet - first touch, agility etc etc, therefore closing them down heavilty will also result in them simply moving the ball beyond you man that is closing down. The problem with this rather than having the same problems as your MC example is that if they pass your man on the wing then generaly speaking, they get a free cross/pass into the box, which in this version of the game, is tantamount to a free shot on goal.

That said..... if you are having success with this, then who am I to talk!

Regards

Lee

hi. i generally use tight marking and hard tackling on the opponent's player who has the most pass (kind of playmaker) to limit their chance. it is because if you limit their chance to create goals, you'll always chance to win. one more, tight marking the advancing full backs + manual instruction to man marking them also useful - limited their chance to go forward regularly.

Thank you Mendhelep for shearing these instructions. It looks like they really work.

Well, to be honest, that's pretty much the same that my assman advises me to do almost every game, so it's pretty much obvious.

Archived