Subtle changes to become successful away

I have set up a tactic that works immensely well at home. I have lost just twice in two seasons scoring over 110 goals in the process. This is my strong area and I whip teams with no real problem, regardless of their reputation.

The problem I have is my away form and it has now cost me promotion on two ocassions. I consistently struggle, even against lower teams which is a stark contrast to my home form.. As such it is a pressing issue and I wish to fix it. Despite the struggles, goals havent been hard to come by and I have scored an average of 2 per game away from home for the last 3 seasons - the problem is definately in defence.

I currently play 442, and have tried adjusting things to start good form away from home. This hasnt paid off for me though.

Goalkeeper

Full back - Attack

Full Back - Attack

Centre Back - Defend - Centre back pairing mentalities slightly adjusted to play them as a

Centre Back - Defend stopper/cover type partnership

Inside Forwards (AML) - Support

Inside Forward (AMR) - Support

Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend - centre midfield pairing mentalities slightly adjusted to have

Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend one deeper than the other

Advanced Forward -Attack

Trequarista - Attack

teaminstructions.jpg

I generally change width and defensive line away from home but it doesnt help me much. I am open to all levels of advice and constructive critiscism.

Away from home, you could stand off if you wish to counter attack, drop slightly deeper and play with a slightly more cynical attitude towards timewasting.

The reason you're struggling away from home is because the home side will naturally look to attack, and you are employing a high line without an offside trap which will be exploited - probably.

But... again, this is really general advice, because I'd have to see what was happening in-game with the analyser and judge where the opposition are hurting you exactly.

Archived