10.2 Fees when arranging friendlies

I understand that patch 10.2 fixed a "bug" that allowed small teams to arrange too many friendlies against higher opposition, therefore making them relatively rich through ticket income.

However, i find that the "fix" is now punishing my BSP team more than it should. For example, i quite often find, even with weaker opposition, that the "fee" that needs to be paid to the visiting team is greater than the monies received in ticket sales. Therefore, arranging friendly fixtures actually costs me money, rather than making a little here or there.

Similarly, if i arrange friendly games for my reserve team its the same problem.

Is it just me?

if you can't make money from inviting small teams to your field, then play them at theirs. I occasionally play a Nigerian team and receive 100K for it.

Have you tried setting up cups and leagues? You can usually get large squads to accept an invite and make a ton of money through TV, gate receipts, and fees. (avg cup profit for me is close to 2 million USD) Although you will most likely lose the game, but still make plenty of cash.

So far they always ask me for a friendly and pay the fee to me and I keep the gates.

Its nice to have a big feeder club so they can pay you to play them. I have chelsea and get about 100k a year including my feeder payment.

Still cant get out of the red. Losing about 100k a year and nobody wants to buy any of my players.

we are talking Blue Square Premiership. I have a little 3k capacity stadium, therefore cannot see how it could generate 2m dollars.

Interesting idea about the away fixtures though. I've never been offered anything.

You can propose the friendly as an away friendly; just go to where it says "Home" and change it to "Away". :thup:

Archived