My Notts County game.

So i've been playing around with Notts County and starting my fifth season now,i managed to achieve 2 promotions in 2 seasons and am now a mid-table side in the championship,but in my opinion i can push further granted the team i have.

I played Counter-Attack football the first 2 seasons with barely slipping out on Play-offs in both terms,playing 4-4-2,but now i've changed to 4-2-3-1 with Attacking and a target man ahead and going to push for the title,but i've lost my first 2 games against much worse teams,here's my lineup:

Schmeichel

Stoor----Miranda-----Vivian-----Rippert

Possebon----Digard

El Zhar-----Fuster-----Commons

Maierhofer

Here is my squad if you would recommend any replacements(only players that are good enough to use):

GK: Schmeichel(Got Oscar Jansson for Sub)

DR:Fredrik Stoor(Noone else really i use a potential star regen for backup here)

DL:Guillaume Rippert(I use Mkandawire for backup here)

DC:Matheus Vivian and Roderick Miranda(Dan Murray and Mkandawire are backups here,also got Gabbidon for tutoring youngsters)

MC:Rodrigo Possebon and Didier Digard(Got Marek Matejovsky for backup and tutoring,same with Jason Koumas)

AMR:Nabil El Zhar(Got Matheus(From Braga) and Jason Koumas here for backup

AMC: David Fuster(Matejovsky/Jason Koumas)

AML:Kris Commons(Matheus/Jason Koumas)

ST:Stefan Maierhofer(Malik Mouath,Gardar Gunnlaugsson,Tomás Pekhart)

You guys have any hints on how i should play and who i should play?,my tactic isn't working so far in the league and i'm afraid i'll slip up and miss promotion this season

PS. I play Maierhofer as a big header target man

Against teams playing cautious against you, I am not that sure that using target man is the best choice. If they use a DMC or a deep lying MC ( or any other defensive formation), he simply will not find any space and when supplying him on to his head, there might be some DCs that will beat him to it, no matter how good he is in the air. I would probably use a very wide style and use him as a deep coming link man, set to feet instead

Archived