Cant get my head round

I know this has probably been covered thousands of times, but i have a couple of questions that have conflicting answers if you read topics

I have a fairly good understanding about how various factors in tactics etc are linked ie closing down and defensive line, but i have a couple i need clarification if anyone can be sure ;)

Things that puzzle me.

Mentality - Does mentality when selecting for players or team mean "how attacking the player is in his overall play when he recieves the ball" or positionally how much more of an attacking position he is in on the park in relation to the default setting" If its the latter does it make sense that all the players are on the same mentality so positionally they are closer together, can someone clear this up.

Second thing that puzzles me, are tempo and timewasting linked?, if you have a quick tempo it would be mad to have a high time wasting ticked. Are these sliders linked? Are tactics getting ruined by incorrect slider allignment?

Sorry if this is all muddled sounding and i hope i was able to convey what i meant to say across :)

Passing and tempo are linked. A shorter passing game would require a slower tempo and a more direct approach would require a faster tempo.

Time wasting is linked with mentality. For example, if you were playing an attacking game you would want your time wasting to be lower as you would not want to be wasting time if you were looking for a goal. However, if you were playing defensive you would want to increase your time wasting in order to run down the clock.

Hope this is of some use

Archived