is 4-4-2 working????

I have tried various 4-4-2 's with manchester united gut not been up to much good.Has anyone actually had any success with 4-4-2 and also would you have the wide players as ml and mr or aml and amr or would you shape them ml and amr?Any help please would be nice

Hi

This might seem dull and even counter productive to alot, but I'm still gonna write it.

On FM10 there is (this far) no super tactic that will work regardless of teams. It all comes down to optimizing your playerbase with formations, tactics, teamtalks, man management and training.

Does 4-4-2 work? Yes. Every formation work, as long as you have have the right players, settings, training etc. In regards to my beloved Man Utd, there is no doubt that 442 will work. It's been Man Utd's preferred tactic in real life for a long time, even though some state Man Utd arent playing 442 anymore.

How would you play with Man Utd in real life? What's your best XI? I think it's important to think about what team you are, what reputation and what expectations your side has. With Man Utd, both the fans and the board, expect you to dominate games and win titles. Therefor, I try to control most games, with somewhat lower tempo and shorter passing. To make this work I need players with good passing and decisions, so they don't lose the ball.

Whether you set your wingers to the ML/MR or the AML/AMR positions, or use the roles to define whether they are wingers, inside forwards or wide midfielders, that's down to whom I play. Ie. Nani would be set as a winger on AML position while I would set Valencia as a winger on the MR position on the other side.

If I was playing a tough side, I would drop the AML down to ML, and put Nani/Giggs as winger, and Valencia/Park as wide midfielder on the right. It all boils down to who you have fit and in form, and what kind of opposition you are playing.

If you look at Man Utd in real life, you will see Ferguson mixing his sides and formations to who he's playing and which players are fit. Not sure how much help this is, but if you tell us what players you have, and then which team you are playing, there would be more specific suggestions

Hi

This might seem dull and even counter productive to alot, but I'm still gonna write it.

On FM10 there is (this far) no super tactic that will work regardless of teams. It all comes down to optimizing your playerbase with formations, tactics, teamtalks, man management and training.

Does 4-4-2 work? Yes. Every formation work, as long as you have have the right players, settings, training etc. In regards to my beloved Man Utd, there is no doubt that 442 will work. It's been Man Utd's preferred tactic in real life for a long time, even though some state Man Utd arent playing 442 anymore.

How would you play with Man Utd in real life? What's your best XI? I think it's important to think about what team you are, what reputation and what expectations your side has. With Man Utd, both the fans and the board, expect you to dominate games and win titles. Therefor, I try to control most games, with somewhat lower tempo and shorter passing. To make this work I need players with good passing and decisions, so they don't lose the ball.

Whether you set your wingers to the ML/MR or the AML/AMR positions, or use the roles to define whether they are wingers, inside forwards or wide midfielders, that's down to whom I play. Ie. Nani would be set as a winger on AML position while I would set Valencia as a winger on the MR position on the other side.

If I was playing a tough side, I would drop the AML down to ML, and put Nani/Giggs as winger, and Valencia/Park as wide midfielder on the right. It all boils down to who you have fit and in form, and what kind of opposition you are playing.

If you look at Man Utd in real life, you will see Ferguson mixing his sides and formations to who he's playing and which players are fit. Not sure how much help this is, but if you tell us what players you have, and then which team you are playing, there would be more specific suggestions

Thanks,will take your information to account when i start a new game,had great sucess with my 4-1-2-2-1 with united managed to go a whole season loosing 1 league game winning by 27 points,but want to make a 4-4-2

Archived