u19 squads

At what point do you take a u19 player out of the u19 squad because he's too good for that level?

I've a player who's too good for the u19's but nowhere near my current no.1 lone striker

Should he be playing u19 & reserve football or just reserve.

He's only 16 but he's a star rating higher than all my other u19 players

I have other players that I need to keep happy too, players who's CA is higher than his

I wont be able to get him to a club with better training or facilities than I have, is first team football that important for a 16 year old?

Also, I'm in the process of tutoring him with the 1st team strikers, he needs tutoring as some mental stats are not good enough

First team football is more important for development than reserve or youth team matches. But tutoring is important too. My usual ploy is to have one tutoring phase per year, out on loan with guaranteed first team experience for 6 months (with a recall option if they lie) and a few weeks on the bench of the first team for some sub appearances.

Phnompenhandy is absolutely spot on, and because mentoring and first team football is so important to a player I personally move players out of the youth team the transfer window after they are eligible for a senior contract and usually straight to loan.

Your particular circumstances will determine the best course of action for your particular players but if there is one hard and fast rule for youth development it is start early. Mentoring your youth team with your first team it becomes one of those do'h moments once you cotton on to what is happening.

Phnompenhandy is absolutely spot on, and because mentoring and first team football is so important to a player I personally move players out of the youth team the transfer window after they are eligible for a senior contract and usually straight to loan.

Your particular circumstances will determine the best course of action for your particular players but if there is one hard and fast rule for youth development it is start early. Mentoring your youth team with your first team it becomes one of those do'h moments once you cotton on to what is happening.

I understand that first team action is important but I dont understand the bolded. Please explain

I understand that first team action is important but I dont understand the bolded. Please explain

You cannot loan anyone out while they are on a youth contract and if you only mentor players in your first team you will end up with 10-15 potential mentors minimum being unused, so mentor your youth team with your first team because youth contract players are going nowhere.

The answer to your question and an expansion of my reply can be found in great depth in this post:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4244698#post4244698

I usually mentor for until age 18-20, then promote to reserves and gradually introduce into the first team squad,or send out on loan if he's not good enough to play for your first team yet. IMO tutoring is the most important thing, if you don't mold a youngster into having the right mental stats he'll struggle to improve anyway. Also the younger a player is, the easier it is to tutor him.

You cannot loan anyone out while they are on a youth contract and if you only mentor players in your first team you will end up with 10-15 potential mentors minimum being unused, so mentor your youth team with your first team because youth contract players are going nowhere.

The answer to your question and an expansion of my reply can be found in great depth in this post:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4244698#post4244698

No, I alway be mentoring players in the u19 squad. Earlier the better is the key, I browsed through that link, its not telling me anything I didnt already know tbh.

I'm more concerned about a point where say a 16 year old will get no more postive development from a u19 match. Is that possible in this game??

Archived