Coach ratings and player positioning tool

If this is the wrong section for this thread feel free to move it.

***Updated version (and link) that now shows the player's best position at the end of the printout. This is only to make it easier to determine the best position without having to manully compare the (sometimes odd) decimal values in the screenprint. ***

I was wondering on how to determine the best position for a player based on his stats so I made this little program. What the program does is to let you decide on what the minimum value shall be for the key attributes for a specific position and role to qualify a player for that position. When you've decided your wanted value you can also select a minimum average value of the key attributes for a position. This can be useful to limit the amout of positions listed for a player but more on that later.

Once those to values are selected you will have to type in the value of each attribute your player has and then the positions will be listed on the screen and you can see if your player shall play as a limited defender (defence) or maybe he fits better as a defensive midfielder (support)? I think this "feature" can be useful on young players or lower league players where you just enter all their attribute values and maybe set "6" as a requirement for a key attribute and then get to see right away where the player could fit in. Or for the big boys when the central midfielder (attacking) isn't performing and you can find out that he is more suited to play "box to box midfielder (support)"

The part with the minimum average value for the key attributes was added when I realized that some of my players could play more or less all over the pitch just based on their stats. I think this will be an issue for people playing high up in the league systems because a lot of the players have high number for almost all attributes. Enter an appropriate value and some (or a lot) of positions will be filtered out.

After this I added the part with the coaches. Just key in their attributes and you instantly (quick, huh?) find out how many stars they will have coaching for each coaching area. I think this one can be quite nice when looking after new coaches to add to the team. I'm sorry to say that I'm not 100% sure that the section for "shooting" is giving the correct values so be a bit careful if that's the coach you're looking for. I've used the formulas that I've been able to find in the forum but when trying it out my that should get 4 stars according to existing formulas only got 3,5 stars in the game.

Now, from the above description it might sound as something fancy but don't be fooled, it's a simple ugly console program that I've made because I thought it'd be useful when playing the game myself so if you don't like it, don't use it.

If you find things that seem wrong feel free to send me a PM or list it here in the thread and I will see if I can fix it.

It's written in C++ so I guess it will only work on Windows platforms but if there's anyone out there who'd like to re-write it in Java or something or if someone wants to add graphics I'd be happy to send the code.

Please add .exe to the filename once you've downloaded the file and please be gently in the critique, I'm far from a professional programmer...

Player_positioning_and_coaches

/JB

Archived