Anyone used 'Move into channels' for covering defenders?

Hey all,

This question has occured to me after posting in another thread.

The situation in questions was one of having an attacking left wingback which then needed defensive support.

My answer to to instruct the right wingback to ramain back and thus you should see the defence 'shifting' over a little.

This got me to thinking that perhaps the 'move into channels' instruction might just work for the DCL and the RWB. This would see them shifting over a little from their respective positions.

I do not beleive that these instructions are limited to players who are ON the ball, as I often see my attackers carrying our their wide instructions when the ball is way down the pitch.

That said... I am at work now and am unable to test this, so I was calling on the forum :) to see if anyone has tried this?

LAM

If this works, then there are a great many instuctions that might work in other situations.

You may play a narrow width with three DC's but want them to spread out a little without killing your width setting.

Likewise, you might play a FBL - DC - FBR and set your FB's to 'move into channels', thus narrowing the width of the back three.

just some ideas

Archived