an international league with a twist

the_hammer09

i was in the middle of creating my own version of the English league system when i thought of creating a league involving the international sides

my plan is to create an 10 tier league system based around the FIFA ranking's, so 18-20 teams in each league

now i know you can't use international sides for leagues so i'm going to create club's based on international sides, i'm going to check wikipedia and other sites to check the previous squad selections and create duplicate players(i.e 2 Steven Gerrard's but the duplicated one will be retired from international football) and limit the squad to about 25-30 players which is the way international sides do things and of course have u-21's and u-18's or 19's but using the regens to make up those squads

am i being too far fatched in my plan or would it be worth putting in the effort

The idea is interesting, but the problem I see with that is that soon enough teams will start signing foreigners to improve their teams and the "national teams" wil soon become international teams. Maybe if you limit the number of foreigners to 0 you can achieve it, but teams may sign foreigners nevertheless, even though they're not allowed to field them. I can be mistaken, though.

YZG

This was something made for the 2009 game and I believe it was successful when the league was placed inside Singapore because of set transfer rules, but I am not sure if these same rules can be set where they only buy player from their own nation in 2010.

how do you stop from signing the foreigners?

i mean you can always create the league without any trasnfer windows? yes?

or if that's not possible.. just 1 day of transfer window in a season.

would like to know how the idea of national pool though.

i mean so there is a 'fixed' squad for each squad nation? i mean the 'picked' 25 men.

or are you gonna duplicate all of current players in national pool and put them all in the team?

Archived