How long before I can tutor a new signing?

I signed an 18 year old regen and want to start tutoring him straight away.

His squad status is Hot Prospect and there are several older players with better mental attributes in my first team squad, who I would like to tutor him.

He has been at the club for 1 month now, and the option is still not available to tutor.

Any idea how long he has to be at the club for, or is this a case of someone who i will simply not be able to tutor?

I wonder if there's a bug in the tutoring part of the game. I have a few youngsters linked with more experienced first team players, but there are no tutoring options available. It should be possible to tutor if the players are linked, yes? Or have I misunderstood this feature?

It sounds like you don't have anyone who is suitable to tutor him....is he one of those regens that are "born" nearly fully developed? If his reputation is high, this could be the reason that no one can tutor him.

There are four or five older players with good mental stats who play the same position as him, who are available to tutor one of my other 18yr olds in the same position. So i dont think it is lack of tutors.

His current ability is decent/poor for coca cola league 1, but he has the potential to be a good premiership player (scout report)- so there is a vast scope for improvment (or PA available).

He only turned 18 one week ago, and doesnt seem to have a reputation (i bought him for free when still under contract)- however this may be the only logical conclusion for the scenario.

Unless of course, it can take more than month before tutoring becomes available- if anyone knows???????????????????????????

A player should be able to be tutored straight away(or maybe 1 day maximum) after signing, so this isn't your problem.

Tafse is correct in saying that there is a bug - sometimes the interaction screen can show players available to tutor(in the drop down menu at the bottom), but the 3 options to tutor aren't there. I've found that sometimes reloading your game from a few days earlier fixes this. Is this the problem, or is the drop-down menu with available tutors not even there?

If the former - it's a bug, wait a few months and it will fix itself.

If the latter - usually this is because of the rep thing, so I don't know...

Edit- the only other thing I know of that stops tutoring is if the potential tutor's squad status is set to "not needed"- this will make them unavailable to tutor anyone.

A player should be able to be tutored straight away(or maybe 1 day maximum) after signing, so this isn't your problem.

that was what I feared.

The option for linked players is not available, despite everything else I have read seeming to be in place, so the only reason I can think for this is your suggestion of reputation (or possibly CA- which I read in another thread).

Looks like i will be able to develop his physical attributes but not the hidden mental ones- how annoying :mad:

It sounds like you don't have anyone who is suitable to tutor him....is he one of those regens that are "born" nearly fully developed? If his reputation is high, this could be the reason that no one can tutor him.

not necessarily, i've brought ribery to barcelona at the start of the game and had messi learn from him. you could argue that messi is quite a high profile/reputation player already..

Tafse is correct in saying that there is a bug - sometimes the interaction screen can show players available to tutor(in the drop down menu at the bottom), but the 3 options to tutor aren't there. I've found that sometimes reloading your game from a few days earlier fixes this. Is this the problem, or is the drop-down menu with available tutors not even there?

If the former - it's a bug, wait a few months and it will fix itself.

If the latter - usually this is because of the rep thing, so I don't know...

Edit- the only other thing I know of that stops tutoring is if the potential tutor's squad status is set to "not needed"- this will make them unavailable to tutor anyone.

Here's an example with a new signing. Sissoko joined us more than two months ago, but there are no tutoring options available despite having six players linked. Must be a bug.

tutoringbug.jpg

I had a look on Genie Scout last night and i still cant work out why i cant tutor this regen.

He is an MC, 18 yrs old, hot prospect with CA 97, PA 177, and a current repuatation of about 2,600.

I also have in my squad:

30yr old AMC, key player, higher determination, CA 108, current reputation about 3200

29 yr old DM/ MRC key player, higher determination, CA 110, current reputation about 3200.

Could it be that as he is an "MC" only, that he can only be tutored by an "MC" and not an AMC or DM/MRC?????

Any other ideas? The drop down menu to linked players is greyed out, so there are no linked players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived