Is the game too one-dimensional?

Funny... isnt that what Chelsea do in this game and I have beaten them (i think) 5 from 5 over two seasons..... and I play as Spurs..... and I play a wide diamond with no decent long shot takers.

Basically line up in a narrow formation and get in players who are good at long shots and 'Bobs your uncle'.

That's the recipe for success.

Sounds like a recipe for success in real life too. A formation thats hard to break down and match winners that bang them in from anywhere !! Can you manage Liverpool please.

I take it you are struggling with other formations then ?

I play that "narrow diamond" formation with focus passing in the middle on my Arsenal team and manage to win EVERYTHING in season one.

However, one "small" change is need when against Chelsea --> switch to a wide 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with pass focusing on the side.....

So, this game is really that single dimensional after-all;-)

Sounds like a recipe for success in real life too. A formation thats hard to break down and match winners that bang them in from anywhere !! Can you manage Liverpool please.

I take it you are struggling with other formations then ?

Actually I am. I usually like to play the total opposite where I work the ball forward down the flanks and get crosses into the box. I have struggled to be as successful playing that way. I'd rather be successful than stick to my preferred style.

Actually I am. I usually like to play the total opposite where I work the ball forward down the flanks and get crosses into the box. I have struggled to be as successful playing that way. I'd rather be successful than stick to my preferred style.

Might be an idea to try and work out why your preferred style isn't working, because with the right players any (sensible) formation can rack up the wins. I had 20 wins from 21 competitive games with Man Utd in one game and that was with a large range of formations: 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 5-4-1, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2...I changed formation practically every game to suit who I was sticking on the field and who I was playing against. For instance, if I stick Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen up front then my diminutive strike pairing aren't going to be a significant aerial threat against centre-backs who are taller and stronger - if the ball gets whipped in, it's probably going to be cleared out...so playing through balls down the middle is going to be a better option. Berbatov's a bit taller and poses a more realistic challenge for defenders when the ball's in the air, so if he's playing then I might try to get more use out of my wingers.

Archived