Team/Player instructions lost!

I've just started a career game after having a succesfull 'practice' game with my club, Nottingham Forest. After tinkering around with the tactic creator and the touchline shouts (with no joy) I decided to fall back on my tactical setup from past FM games - this revolves around a central tactic with individual player instructions for each position rather than general team instructions. From this I have several variations to be used according to how the game plays out (so the equivalent of the shouts but specifically micro-managed).

So anyway ...... I begin my career game and I soon secure a job with a lower league Belgian team, where despite the drop in quality I'm confident my tactics will see me through. After four or five pre-season games we are getting results but not playing well, so I take a look at the tactic screen and I'm shocked to see that the team and player instructions have reverted to the presets for all of my tactics - so all the variations I have created are now basically the same tactic!!!!!

Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows how to retrieve the settings I'd created? Kinda p!ssed off if the settings, which make the tactic work, are lost when I export the files to another game!!!

Are you making the changes actualy ingame, as I have had problems with these saving once the game finishes.

No, the changes weren't made in game. I know that changes made during a game are not saved to the tactic once the game has come to an end, I was talking about a tactic (and instructions) created in one save game then loaded into another save game.

It doesn't matter now, I found a back up to the original game and just saved the setup under a different name. This worked fine when loading into my current game.

Archived