[FM10] Gateshead- Too long in the shadows

Gardner SAFC

Yes you heard me, it's time to get the mighty Gateshead FC to the premiership. Awaken the sleeping giant and get them a new stadium, good training facilities and a exellent youth team and too try and achive champions league glory!

29bjcle.jpg

The current team

Ladies and gentleman i present to you, the real theatre of dreams.

2vm7x1e.jpg

First pre-season friendly and beat AFC Wimbledon 5-2, Willy Robert grabbing a hat-trick.

Can i overshadow the city across the river?

HA'WAY THE HEED!

UP THE HEED!

Got Gateshead promoted to the BSP finishing 2nd and beating Tamworth 2-0 in the play-off final to join Harrogate in the BSP, it was a tough season i would of finished 1st if it had not been for my lazyness in changing the tactics. Was doing alright until December then i signed a newleft Midfielder and a new left back toreplace Wayne Phillips and John Brackstone who weren't quite good enough for my newly developing squad.

Future Transfers

Deciding that im going to release most of my player who arent good enough and bring in free transfers, loans cause i dont think i will get a high Budget.

Squad

Good enough to avoide relegation but i want to do alot better than that, so will be makeing some big changes.

F.A Cup

After a fairly easy qualification run, we were drawing away to Lecister in the 1st round, and we were badly beaten 3-0.

Conference league cup

After some good wins against BSP teams we were beaten 3-2 by Cambridge in the fourth round, which was annoying as we were 2-0 down at half time and there last goal was in the last minute of injury time.

F.A Trophy

Got hammered in the 4th round by Oxford, it was so bad the scoreline that i am not going to even mention the score.

Aims

I would think that realisticly i should try to avoid relegation, but i want to try and get as close to the play-offs a possible, so i am hoping for about a 9th place finish.

Star player

Strong centre defender Jim Ablancourt dominated this league, my assistant thinks that he is easily a league 1/2 defender, and he managed to save me in important matches and did his job with no fuss, which is why i give him the captains armband.

*Sorry about not uploading any photo's, my internet seem's to be acting up a little, So will edit this tommorow

Archived