Editor Query

art1983

Regarding the data editor how do I make changes to a saved database? I made a few changes to the original database and called it "FM 10" started a new game and the changes were there all was fine, but when I went to make more changes to FM 10 the editor loaded I made some changes and saved the database as FM 10 but when I went to start a new game all the new and old changes had gone...........How comes it doesnt give you an option of which database you want to load in the editor? and how do I make changes to my FM 10 database in the editor?

There's only one database this year. You might get more help in the editors hideaway. When you started a new game did you tick the changes box? If you do this then it should take you to another screen where you can select the changes you've made.

appreciate the reply but the problem is when i try and edit the database again that all the changes i have made disappear, yes i know about the changes box i always tick that but it seems strange that you can't load your database at the begining of the editor screen

art - the terminology has changed from previous years and that is what's confusing you.

When you edit "the database" using the editor and click save and called it FM10 you diudn't create a new database (which is why you now can't find it to load it). You saved an xml file called FM10 which lists only the changes you've made to the database.

So to change the FM10 xml file you made:

1)open editor

2)click "load database" - this loads the game's default database into the editor's memory.

3)then, before you change anything, go back up to same drop down menu. The option to "load editor data" should now no longer be greyed out. Click on this.

4)A box will appear, showing contents of your My Docs/SI/Editor data folder - click on your FM10 xml and it will be loaded into the editor.

5)Make any changes you want then either click "save" to overwrite your FM10 xml to in clude your new changes or "save as" to make a new xml file to replace the old one.

To get your changes t show ingame:

1)load FM

2)on start screen click "new game".

3)when options box appears click to tick the box marked "change" in bottom right corner.

4)A menu appears asking you to select hich xml files to load into game. Check whichever you want. Any that clash will cause crashes.

Good luck!

As am sue you're aware, any changes will only show in new games - it's a pre-game editor only.

art - the terminology has changed from previous years and that is what's confusing you.

When you edit "the database" using the editor and click save and called it FM10 you diudn't create a new database (which is why you now can't find it to load it). You saved an xml file called FM10 which lists only the changes you've made to the database.

So to change the FM10 xml file you made:

1)open editor

2)click "load database" - this loads the game's default database into the editor's memory.

3)then, before you change anything, go back up to same drop down menu. The option to "load editor data" should now no longer be greyed out. Click on this.

4)A box will appear, showing contents of your My Docs/SI/Editor data folder - click on your FM10 xml and it will be loaded into the editor.

5)Make any changes you want then either click "save" to overwrite your FM10 xml to in clude your new changes or "save as" to make a new xml file to replace the old one.

To get your changes t show ingame:

1)load FM

2)on start screen click "new game".

3)when options box appears click to tick the box marked "change" in bottom right corner.

4)A menu appears asking you to select hich xml files to load into game. Check whichever you want. Any that clash will cause crashes.

Good luck!

As am sue you're aware, any changes will only show in new games - it's a pre-game editor only.

thanks for your help sorted now, cheers

Archived