Most promising young centre backs .. preferably British

Champman

I'm currently in season 1 with Man City and have decided that altho i will spend money on attacking midfield players as thats where I felt the team needed strengthening, ( i've bought Montolivio and Cahill ), I want to try and give Onouha, Lescott, and Richards a chance over the next season or two as my centre backs, having already sold Toure to Real Madrid in the first January Transfer window.

I also sold De Jong and bought Huddlestone, and bought in Srna for the right back position.

I am looking to buy a couple of 16, 17 or 18 year old CB's with promise to bring through the ranks and to break into the first team set up in maybe a few seasons time.

I like the look of is it Boyeata the young Belgian who is already in the youth team, and have already snapped up Danny Wilson from Glasgow Rangers for 500 K, and actually gave him a few starts in the league cup.

But i thought i should tap into the FM communities in depth knowledge, and some of the dedicted players out there who will already be a few seasons down the line and might have a few starlets in mind.

Cheers in advance.

Shawcross isn't particularly a youth player (22) but he can turn into a fantastic centre back and is more than good enough to back up your CBs, but his price can be a bit steep at times.

I would recommend playing Richards as a right back, he is a rock in that position and can cross it in quite well despite his stats, plus he is still young so you will probably be able to train him to get better attacking stats.

To be honest, I would have kept De Jong, he turns into an absolute power house if given a enough games, a lot steadier that Barry anyway, but each to their own.

Archived