Ric's Sunday night scots clan

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Well said Nick.

Anyway Dumbarton are still top of Division Three, six points clear with 10 games to go. The title is looking good and also Iain Russell is returning to full fitness so sould return for the final games. icon_wink.gif

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick WTF u be a good kiddy and take a seat instead of stickin yer head in this door.

A dont know u and u dont know me. So in other words CLAMP IT.

Your foot isne even in the door yet so your obviously bravehearting it to sook rics bott

McD i asked ya nicely to take it to another thread cos your acting like a little kid mate. Your previous post simply adds to my statement even more. I couldn't give a damn if i was in this clan for a day or a year, i was there and saw what happened and i can see the way your acting now. You have any issues with me and want to talk them through with me, feel free to add me on msn McD and i will happily chat to you in an "adult" manner. Look forward to speaking to ya soon.

Otherwise can we all grow up a little and act like adults please..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

Tracy thats a pile a pish you have just slapped in there by the way.

One night stand only. Was my words ric knew i was only back for one night and your only greetin cos you got hammerd 4-1. So button yer bottom lip tae yer tap n shut up.

I was only playing for one night but yet ric was kickin me out game because i didnt change my name to have albion in it then tried to get me kicked out of mirc as well FOR NOT HAVING ALBION_McD WTF. This isne a wee boy were talkin about its a grown man greetin like a baby over a nickname in a chat room. So stop defending him when hes in the wrong. He was that much in the right DM left as well ? Your the only one who seems to think im the cause of it. So clamp it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st point Pish does not pile it pools!

2nd I did get hammered which I accepted, did I say anything otherwise. I even said well done.

It wasnt till I found out you were only in for one night I got annoyed.

3rd I didnt saying everything ric did was right what I did say was if you hadnt been there it wouldnt have happened. There is a difference.

I will not clamp it for you mcd as really mate you want to grow up. I will though for the mods, so if you wish to reply please be a grown up about it and mail me.

Well it has been a good season for Peterhead so far, some memorable wins like the 6-1 victory against run away leaders Dumbarton, add to this a few good signings in Janurary like Alan McDonough and it led to an exciting run in to the end of the season for the team and fans alike.

Ayr 2

Peterhead 4

McDonough 2

McKenna 2

A solid performance from peterhead who made use of the fact that new manager of Ayr was still settling in to his role. McDonough and Mckenna grabbing a brace each and looking sharp in front of goal.

Peterhead 1

McDonough 1

Berwick 1

A dissapointing performance from Peterhead and probably the first of many games that was available for the taking but never killed off.

Dumbarton 2

Peterhead 0

Nothing else i can really say about this other than i never did my homework and paid dearly for it. Dumbarton were worthy of there win, but the second half was all about if Peterhead could create and convert the chances they were hoping to carve out after Dumbarton went to 10 men. But the fact is Dumbarton were a superior side and showed it.

Peterhead 2

McKenna 1

Dunn 1

Albion 1

A close game but one that was controlled well by Peterhead, it did seem that the Albion goal was not going to be breached with wave after wave of attacks being repelled but in the end leading Goal Scorer Mckenna grabbed the goal we deserved and even though Albion equalised a minute later i felt we could go on and score another and win the game, my feelings were proved correct when a minute later Dunn slipped in to grab the winner.

East Stirling 0

Peterhead 1

McDonough 1

With East Stirling giving every team they played this year a tough game, this was one of a number of difficult encounters for us on the final run in. Thankfully Peterhead signed a man called Alan McDonough in January and boy has he paid them back 10 fold, this was his 12th goal in 8 games for Peterhead and the whole team played with there hearts on there sleeves to scrap out the 1-0 win.

Cowdenbeath 0

Peterhead 3

McKenna 1

Keegan 1

McDonough 1

Donnely missed pen 81

A strange game really, i expected a lot more from Cowdenbeath with Lombardi up front but the Asst Mgr played a formation i don't think he enjoys or excells in, so with the Peterhead strikeforce looking hungry we ran out 3-0 winners with one each for my top strikers and also influential midfielder Keegan banging in a cracker. On the downside the Peterhead crowd witnessed fans favourite and influential captain Donnelly miss a Penalty for the 4th time this season.

Ayr 2

Peterhead 0

Donnelly missed pen 31

A match which fans and team expected a rough game, Ayr were probably the in form team towards the end of the season and although Peterhead had resoundingly beaten them only a few weeks back Bott changed his tactics after a beer with Dumbarton NEW boss Paul BrownleyTWO where he told Bott that he didn't feel 4-4-2 was the way to go. That will teach Bott for listening to such an inexperienced manager. Donnelly missed a penalty again in the first half to put Peterhead 1-0 up and the sides went in all square 0-0 at half time. The second half was a bit of a disaster for Peterhead and after going 1-0 down they started throwing caution to the wind and in doing so got caught and lost 2-0, Ayr deserved there win and Bott will rue his extremely poor self belief!

Peterhead 3

Ramsey 1

Donnelly 1

Wood 1

Forfar 3

A disaster is the only way to descrivbe this game. Forfar went 2-0 up with the first two shots on goal, both coming from in form striker Gemmell, on the 25th minute Soutar hacked down McDonough on the edge of the box as McDonough was through on goal, red card and a free kick on the edge, Ramsey stepped up and buried the free kick with a screaming right foot shot. Then in the 41st minute MacDonald hacked down McKenna and was also shown a red card. Forfar were down to 9 men and half time came.

Peterhead came out looking really fired up and pushing both full back forward as much as possible and really spreading the ball about as much as possible but as luck would have it Forfar scored from what would lead to be there only attack of the half.

Peterhead kept pushing and pulled back to 3-2 when Donnelly nodded in at the far post from a corner.

As time ticked by Bott took off both fullbacks and played with 2 at the back 3 in midfield and 5 up front and literally pummelled the Forfar defence who finally got beat again in the 89th Minute by sub Gary Wood. But thats how it stayed, and Peterhead had possibly thrown away any chance they had left of winning the 3rd division ... but with two games to go its still a small possibility and Peterhead lie in 3rd and pushing all the way.

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Dumbarton hopes of winning the division Three title are on a knife egde. The sensational sacking of Paul Brownley meant that new manager Paul Brownley2 had to lead The Sons in the final run in. Two defeats on the trot made the Dumbarton board sack Brownley in what seemed a panic measure. Brownley2 quickley settled in and won his first game. However Dumbartons form continued to be patchy even after good wins against Peterhead and Queens Park. Defeat to Ayr and Forfar left Dumbarton only 1 point ahead with 3 games to go. The final game of last nights session saw Dumbarton take on Elgin, who were bottom of the league. 2nd placed Forfar were playing 3rd placed Peterhead. In what sould have been an easy victory Dumbarton struggled and the fans nerves took hold on the players. Elgin scored and with Forfar beating Peterhead 3-2 inside the last 10 minutesForfar would take over top spot with a two point advantage with only 2 games to go. However late goal in both games sent the Dumbarton fans and management into ectasy. in injury time Dumbarton got a free kick and the resulting shot from sub Rogers struck the back of the net. The ref blew the final whistle and Dumbarton had salvaged a point. News then filtered through of a late goal for Peterhead to equalise against Forfar which meant Dumbarton were still top.

Dumbarton are 1 point ahead of Forfar and five ahead of Peterhead with 2 games to go. Wins against Berwick and Albion would clinch promotion for Dumbarton but it will not be easy. Forfar have difficult agames against Cowdenbeath and Ayr. Peterhead look destined for the play offs with Queens Park needing probably 1 win to secure their place. Ayr though are the form side and if they did catch Queens Park they must become favorites to win the play offs.

icon_wink.gif

2 games left of the season div1 see's both teams safe Ross at East Fife and my Stenny Div2 will come down to the wire Joe is top on goal difference from Airdrie div3 sees polo's dumbarton and Fofar Battle for top spot with nicks Peterhead in playoffs and 1 of 2 humans jpoining them either tracy at Queens Park or Doug at Ayr

Queens Park 1

Peterhead 1

McKenna 1

It was the game everyone expected, tactically tight, and totally dependant on which of the fantastic strikers got the better chances on the day, Borris has been on fire for Queens this season and tops the scoring charts for Div 3, McKenna and McDonough had been prolific for Peterhead!

As it was Borris struck first when he classily turned Ure in the Peterhead box and slotted home a sweet shot to put Queens 1-0 up. With Peterhead pressing and having a goal disallowed in the 2nd half, time was running out when Peterhead threw everything to the wind and went all out attack when hearing of Dumbartons faultering run continuing, it was all or nothing for the Peterhead boys if they still wanted a chance of taking the D3 Title! A late McKenna goal was the least Peterhead deserved but the winner was never to be found.. a deserved draw for either side.

Elgin 2

Peterhead 1

McKenna 1

Well it was a dull final game of the campaign, with 3rd place already secured the Peterhead team looked like they were just going through the motions against a distinctly average Elgin side. Peterhead went 1-0 up and went into half time that way. 2nd half saw a dismal performance from Peterhead, a new tactic was tried and it simply didn't work and Peterhead went down by 2 goals to 1!

-----------------------------------------> icon_eek.gif PLAY OFFS icon_eek.gif <-----------------------------------------

Peterhead draw Forfar in Play offs, 1st leg to be played at Balmoor Stadium, Peterhead.

Peterhead 1

McDonough 1

Forfar 0

In what was always going to be a close game, Peterhead hosted Forfar. Peterhead had to make one enforced change at left back with Duke replacing the injured Gillan. Peterhead did everything possible to keep Forfar at bay and it was quite obvious they were playing to keep a clean sheet and try to snatch the win.

In the 22nd minute McDonough latched on to a great through ball and managed to bury the ball in the corner of the net from the edge of the area. After that it was all hands to the deck and Peterhead were seen to bring out the team bus and park it in front of the goal. A deserved 1-0 win.

Forfar 1

Peterhead 1

Gibson 1

With Peterhead just needing a draw at Forfar this was going to be a very dull game if the Peterhead management got there way. And when Gibson put Peterhead 1-0 ahead and 2-0 up on aggregate in the 16th minute with a lovely breakaway and overlap, Peterhead had no other option to than to shut up shop and invite Forfar to try and score 3 against them. Needless to say it didn't happen.

Bring on Queens in the final! What a game this should be!

Good and bad news on the injury front with news in that Star January Signing Alan McDonough and influential midfielder Paul Keegan both out injured and struggling to make it back in time for the big day against big rivals Queens Park, the good news is that start striker Borris has been ruled out with injury for the big day also!

Peterhead 1

McKenna 1

Queens Park 2

In what was billed to be a tight game was in reality an easy run for Queens Park, the aged legs of the Peterhead defence were showing exactly how tired they were with Queens cutting through them time and time again, totally aganst the run of play Peterhead broke from a queens attack and managed to go 1-0 up with Mckenna bundling the ball home.

But in the second half Queens Park turned the screw and brought it back to 1-1 and in extra time they managed to get the sucker punch on Peterhead who were ironically pinning Queens back in there own half for the first time in the whole game.

Another season in Div 3, but the Peterhead boys have what it takes to move them up and out!

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

So Dumbarton have managed to win the 3rd Division Title even though they did there best to throw it away. Thanks To Ayr for beating Forfar on the last day. Next season the plan is to survive in division Two and strenghen the squad by adding depth and try to get in a couple of more quality players.

icon_cool.gif

Bott plans to strengthen and challenge

Peterhead manager Nick Bott has stated hi desire to stay with the Blue Toon team and take them up via automatic promotion next year. He has stated that he understands that Ayr will be the favourites in many peoples eyes as they finished the season as the form team and have already made a number of good signings to strengthen the team, however, do not write off his own Blue Toon team as he believes they have the strength of mind and with a number of key signings Bott believes he will definitely have a team capable of pushing for automatic promotion.

"We leaked too many silly goals last season and this cost us dearly, with the attacking players i have at Peterhead in McKenna, McDonough, Donnelly, Dunn and Ramsey i believe that if we can sure up the defence and stop leaking silly goals we will be close to unstoppable."

Brave words from a man who has only had one season in management, so we shall see what the loud mouthed Englishman can deliver.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

End of season awards

Best Manager-polo

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-my last day win against forfar

Best Result vs Human Manager-4-1 vrs queenspark

Best Signing-

Best Post-polo

Most sporting-nick

best patter in mirc

and the 2 new one's

Best improvement in a teams fortune

worst turnabout in a teams fortunes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Douglas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

End of season awards

Best Manager-polo

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-my last day win against forfar

Best Result vs Human Manager- my 4-1 vrs queenspark

Best Signing-

Best Post-polo

Most sporting-nick

best patter in mirc has to be nick

and the 2 new one's

worst turnabout in a teams fortunes </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

End of season awards

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Result vs Human Manager-

Best Signing-

Best Post-the winner of best post is nick

Most sporting-

best patter in mirc

and the 2 new one's

worst turnabout in a teams fortunes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Champions League yer having a laugh ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off you little ginger **** icon13.gif Go and die of aids in Gorgie.

Sorry people for interrupting just spotted him and couldn't help myself icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Well in Polo and Tracy btw, and there's only one Jedi Doug!!!!!!!!

With that I'll leave yous icon_cool.gif

Still scooping up the awards and I'm not even here, now what does that say about you lot now eh icon_wink.gif

Anyway Cheers (A think) for wit will be my last award and I would have obviously scooped the lot of them if I had stayed icon_rolleyes.gif

And Ric less a this greener talk, I'm assured by the Grand master of the Sunday Night Scot's Clan that there is no relation to the enemy from any of it's member's icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Shame on you for even saying that Richard icon15.gif

Gl in the future bawbags

mwah

icon_cool.gif

Season 2010 - 2011

Media Predictions are in and they believe that Forfar and myself are favourites to take the title with newly relegated Arbroath and Stranraer also favoured to make the return straight back up, Ayr and Cowdenbeath were also mentioned by the media as havin a solid chance if they put a run together.

My tips however are slightly different, i believe with the amount of new players that Ayr have managed ot bring in during the close season and also the solid tactic they use that they will need to be strongly watched.

Botts top 3 in no particular order: Peterhead, Forfar and Ayr.

Division 3

Forfar 1 - Graham (43)

Peterhead 2 - Mckenna (73), Donnelly (78)

With the early media predictions abt Forfar and Peterhead, the first game of the season threw up a real cracker. Peterhead were away to Forfar and a very tough game was on the cards.

Peterhead dominated the first 45 mins and were sucker punched when a long ball from the Forfar defence let Graham in who managed to slot home after a mazy run. Take nothing away from this goal - it was pure class, but one of the very few attacks Forfar had.

The second half was a bit lively and the introduction of Robinson for his debut seemed to turn the game in Peterheads favour, Mckenna was first to score for the Blue Toon with a great poachers finish after good work from his new strike partner. Then 5 mins later Donnelly was on hand arriving late into the penalty area to bury a fantastic header into the top corner of the goal!

The remaining 15 mins was a tight affair that Peterhead always looked in control of.

An away win to Forfar is a dream start and can only do wonders for the Blue Toons confidence.

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Gretna 3 Dumbarton 3 lost on pens

League Challenge Cup 1st Round

Happy with the signings I made the ist game was against Gretna in the League Challenge Cup. An entertaining game finished 3-3 and we were unlucky to lose in the penalty shoot out. Alex Walker on the right side of Midfield was top man for Dumbarton.

Dumbarton 4 Brechin 0

Division Two

First league match of the season witnessed a slow start with the scores 0-0 at half time. The second half was a completely different affair and Iain Russell showed he has the skills to adapt to a higher division by scoring all four goals. A great performance from the boys and the new signings fitted in well. Brechin will probably be one of the weaker sides in the division but the result gives Dumbarton hope of a succesful season

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bott plans to strengthen and challenge

Peterhead manager Nick Bott has stated hi desire to stay with the Blue Toon team and take them up via automatic promotion next year. He has stated that he understands that Ayr will be the favourites in many peoples eyes as they finished the season as the form team and have already made a number of good signings to strengthen the team, however, do not write off his own Blue Toon team as he believes they have the strength of mind and with a number of key signings Bott believes he will definitely have a team capable of pushing for automatic promotion.

"We leaked too many silly goals last season and this cost us dearly, with the attacking players i have at Peterhead in McKenna, McDonough, Donnelly, Dunn and Ramsey i believe that if we can sure up the defence and stop leaking silly goals we will be close to unstoppable."

Brave words from a man who has only had one season in management, so we shall see what the loud mouthed Englishman can deliver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well based on the amount of new signings Bott has made close season, i think you can hopefully say that the Peterhead Team have been strengthened, now the only question that remains is can they challenge?

Peterhead close season signings.

Players in:

Darren Smith (ST) - This 22yr old is already being tipped by many as the signing of the season, with some fantastic skills, great finishing and a good deal of pace i am hoping he will compliment McKenna and McDonough up front and show his quality in the 3rd Division.

Ross Harris (AMRC FC) - At 25 Yrs old Ross proves that Peterhead are looking at players in there prime who still have the hunger to succeed. Ross could prove to be a dark horse by setting the 3rd Division alight, a very creative attacking midfielder who is not scared to get stuck in when needed. Could provide the creativity that was missing at times last season in the Blue Toons midfield.

Craid Robertson (AMRC) - 18 Year old Craig was snapped up on a free and looks extremely promising, will hopefully get his fair share of first team games this season to help his development.

Pat Halpin (ML) - 22 Year old left winger purchased for 1K from St Mirren to cover the aging legs of Ramsey. Pat has incredible pace and can whip some fantastic crosses in, what more could you ask for from a winger.

Richie Buckley (DLC DM) - Richie was purchased to fill one specific role in one specific formation, although unlikely to cement a first team place Richie will fill in and jump into the team dependant totally on what formation will be required.

Paul McHale (DM) - Free

Jay Lang (DM) - Free

Mark Millar (MC) - Free

Danny Swanson (AMC) - Free

David Graham (AMRC FC) - Free

Stephen O'Donnell (AMRC) - Free

Players Out:

Sandy Wood (GK) - Released on a free, would not sign a new contract, made 3 appearances last season.

Kevin Copland (DL) - Released on a free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dumbartons Prolific Striker Dave McNaught </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL thats awesome Polo! Gonna go and see if can find Steve Mckenna now..

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Iain-Russell-Oct-05-w.jpg

Dumbarton striker Iain Russell (Pictured) picked up the man off the match award for his 4 goals in the match V Brechin. He was quoted as saying " I am delighted" after the match. Russell who was born in Glasgow is known as "Beany" to his team mates.

Archived