I created a new league system but after a season it crashes!!

McNelis

I created a new league system but after a season it crashes!!

when it reaches 19th of June after the first season a warning box appears saying"array access out of bounds"

then the game crashes.

i noticed in the data editor in the general rules section, that the date for the season renew date is the 20th June.

Please help me sort this out....

its really annoynig as the database i created is a 6 tier Ireland league, AND I WANNA PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!

You'll need to at least give some details of what you edited in order for us to be able to help.

I just created a new 6 tier league system for ireland,

created 1 new team,

5/6 new people

didn't tweak any kits, reputations, finances etc..

moved some dormant leagues/cups to fiji

deleted some other dormant leagues/cups

i personally think its something to do with the date the season updates....

The only minor issue I can see straight away is that you have 'B/Reserve Teams Cannot Be Promoted' ticked for the Premiership, which makes no sense. Otherwise it looks like you've done a good job.

a) Did you run all the levels when you ran the save to check for crashes?

b) Is the crash reproducible - does it happen in every new save, or was it just a one off?

c) Try fixing the point above; test again - still crashes?

d) Try removing competitions until you see which one is causing the crash - I'd start with removing the Super Cup.

Running unemployed in holiday mode is a great way to test.

shouldn't be necessary either, I'd reverse this personally. So long as they don't appear in the edited Nation Rules, this is sufficient.

Changed 1 competition back to Ireland/Europe.....I'll holiday a new game again and let ya know.

And while your here:) as it stands in ireland only 1 team qualifys for the Champ League qualifying rounds, can this be changed to 2 teams with 1 auto qualification spot?

I've seen issues caused by Super Cups before now, so you never know...

My gut feeling is that, with a crash like this, it's most likely something to do with one of the competitions. Open the file in the editor, delete a cup, save with a different name, test... rinse and repeat, and see if you find a culprit... That would be my suggestion, anyway.

Just to be absolutely sure - you did start a new game for the test? You should always start a new game for any changes to take effect.

I've seen issues caused by Super Cups before now, so you never know...

My gut feeling is that, with a crash like this, it's most likely something to do with one of the competitions. Open the file in the editor, delete a cup, save with a different name, test... rinse and repeat, and see if you find a culprit... That would be my suggestion, anyway.

Just to be absolutely sure - you did start a new game for the test? You should always start a new game for any changes to take effect.

Yep brand new game..

i'll try the rinse and repeat method now. cheers:)

but have a look ere: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=166289&highlight=bounds

Pro-Am Group 1 competition level is set to 5, should be 6. This could be the culprit... That could well really confuse the hell out of the game, i'd have thought.

Superblade ya have eyes on the back a yer head!!!!

i'll holiday a game now with all cup and leagues and see....

Superblade ya have eyes on the back a yer head!!!!

i'll holiday a game now with all cup and leagues and see....

BAD NEWS!!!!!

Crashed again!!!

Maybe the problem is 4 teams get relegated from the regional premier(Blue Sq Prem) to be replaced by 2 teams from pro-am group 1 and 2 teams from group 2(4 teams also)

but maybe the system cant split the 4 relegated teams into 2 seperate divisions,

Any ways i've ta log of now.....i'll keep trying the rinse and wash thing a ma jig.....

That shouldn't be a problem, in the league I've created so far from level 2 to level 3 it goes from 1 division into 2, from level 3 to 4 it goes from 2 into 6 and from level 4 to 5 it goes from 6 into 12. So like I said that can't be the issue...

Archived