Struggling to Understand How to work out Training Schedules!!!

Hey Folks, Ive been playing football manager since the days of champ manager italia! but i struggle to get my head round the training schedules. Ive tried looking to download files, but they wont open + It just feels as if im copying someone elses.

Usually I hire coaches who have specific attributes for what i want. I usally just create 4 different schedules - Defence focus on defending, tactics, areobic and strength- Midfeild Def,focusing on Tactics, Mental Defending Mid feild Att - Skills and Technical and Attacking - Shooting,. Attacking.

So i oonly make up 4 schedules and lump all my defenders in that category all attackers in that category, etc etc

I think im somewhat of a novice, and believe theres more to it, can someone offer any advice or talk me through it? Please dont offer a link as i cant download!

Cheers

Find a post by SFraser.... its great for training. I think its a sticky at the top.

ps.... I have seperate training programes for ALL my first team players and my select reserves and U18's!

Its that important!

Have a look at DarkStar's or Tug's training schedules. Both can be found with a quick search of this forum. They are amongst the most popular available. Also have a look at the thread 'A Closer Look at Training' by SFraser (as linked above) for lots of useful information.

Personally I don't have individual training schedules for each player, but I do like to have role-specific training. At a minimum I would want:

GK, FB, WB, DC, DMC, MC, AMC, W, FC, TM

The reason for this is that I consider a TM role, and therefore attributes, very different to that of a FC. I want to make every member of my squad as good as I can for the role I wish them to play. Training a FB in a general Defence schedule will work, but it would reduce their pace/acceleration, which I feel is vital for that position. It would also focus less on ball control or attacking, which a modern full back needs to be able to do.

Archived