Cheating......???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Wasn't calling you an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I hope so, because it would have been much easier and faster to just place the link to this "in detail step by step guide", no?

Ok. Here's what I do.

This requires a 'towering center back' e.g Youness Kaboul. Key stats are: height 6'3" or taller, heading, jumping, bravery, positioning.

Set up your corner takers to 6yrd box. (I prefer in-swingers but I don't think it matters)

Set your towering CB to mark GK.

Set next best header to attack near post.

Set next best header to attack far post.

Have your best long shot man lurking outside area.

Have a player with high anticipation/decisions set to attack ball from deep.

Put a couple of others on forward.

Everyone else on back if needed.

Kaboul scored over 100 goals in six seasons using this set-up.

On a side note, what do you guys think about my suggestion of the ref. protecting the GK more in these situations. It would allow people to keep using this realistic corner routine without scoring an unrealistic number of goals... shouldn't be too hard to implement either, any official response would be appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a side note, what do you guys think about my suggestion of the ref. protecting the GK more in these situations. It would allow people to keep using this realistic corner routine without scoring an unrealistic number of goals... shouldn't be too hard to implement either, any official response would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't actually seen the keeper come for the corner into the 6 yard box so protecting the keeper would be irrelevant as it stands.

So a combination of:-

1. Keepers coming for corners into 6 yard box and protection from ref

2. Specific man marking selection for set pieces

3. Less accurate and consistent corners

would help alleviate the issue in my opinion, but a beast in the air should still be a beast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

1. Keepers coming for corners into 6 yard box and protection from ref

2. Specific man marking selection for set pieces

3. Less accurate and consistent corners

would help alleviate the issue in my opinion, but a beast in the air should still be a beast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good suggestions isuck. The man marking thing is poor, as illustrated by you last post, but I just have my back 4 on mark tall player. Seems to work well when defending corners but in open play Barzagli got beat in the air by some 5'4" dwarf with single figures for jumping and heading... Ho-hum it's these little anomalies that keep me tweaking...

Archived