Monthly installments...

Yes I was, the point is though, the transfer budget I was given would have put the club into administration if spent. You can't tell me they took into account the money i owed on monthly installments, and thought 'oooh, let's give him another £50million+ to spend on transfers and put the club into administration'?

I had to use my own intelligence and foresight, which was not to spend it, as I'd already had a similar experience with Newcastle where I went into administration when I was defending Premier League Champions, because I spent a huge budget I was given, having already owed a lot on monthly installments. I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice, I always checked my finances regularly after that.

I assume at the time you were somewhat into the future, winning regulary domestic titles and competing regualry in Europe ?

Most football clubs are run at a loss most of the season.

If the board can see that if you hit their targets and therefore get the appropriate prize money, TV money, sponsorship and season ticket sales and say estimated over the season they would make enough to keep the club afloat whilst still be able to compete (meaning giving you a sizeable transfer kitty) then yes, I do believe this is what would have happened.

Income is taken into account monthly, yet your budget can be spent all at once. So in most cases spending all your budget would put any club deep in the red, however over the season the balance would be recouperrated by all the things I've mentioned above.

But I've already told you, that if I had spent that £50m+ budget, and won every single trophy that season (League, Champions League, F.A Cup, League Cup), I still would have gone into administration, when you take into account the £10m going out each month in transfer installments. It happened to me at Newcastle, and would have happened again at Middlesbrough, if I didn't learn from my previous experience and spend £0 of my £50m+ budget. You can argue all you want, but it won't change the hard facts; the board did NOT take into account what I owed on transfers when setting my new budget.

Most football clubs are run at a loss most of the season.

If the board can see that if you hit their targets and therefore get the appopriate prize money, TV money, sponsorship and season ticket sales and say estimated over the season they would make enough to keep the club afloat whilst still be able to compete (meaning giving you a sizeable transfer kitty) then yes, I do believe this is what would have happened.

Income is taken into account monthly, yet your budget can be spent all at once. So in most cases spending all your budget would put any club deep in the red, however over the season the balance would be recouperrated by all the things I've mentioned above.

But I've already told you, that if I had spent that £50m+ budget, and won every single trophy that season (League, Champions League, F.A Cup, League Cup), I still would have gone into administration, when you take into account the £10m going out each month in transfer installments. It happened to me at Newcastle, and would have happened again at Middlesbrough, if I didn't learn from my previous experience and spend £0 of my £50m+ budget. You can argue all you want, but it won't change the hard facts; the board did NOT take into account what I owed on transfers when setting my new budget.

We'll just have to agree to disagree unless you have screenshots or a savegame or someone from SI can clear this up one way or another ?

Also you do know the board must take into account some of things I've mentioned because they allow you to choose your transfer budget based on different expectations, each of which comes with its own riches i.e if you choose 'Top half finish' all they'd be expecting as income from that competition is the league prize money based on finishing position, however should you choose 'League Champions' then you not only get much more league prize money, but also the money that comes from being in the Champions League.

Dude you're just saying the same things to me over and over again. I don't have screenshots unfortunately as I have already deleted FM09 to make space for FM10

Here are the facts, one more time;

*I owed £10million a month

*If I had won every trophy, and collected the maximum prize money/television money from every competition, I would STILL have gone into administration, had I spent the £50m+ budget they were trying to give me

*I had to sell players just to make sure I wouldn't go into administration anyway, so if I had sold no-one and spent the £50million, I 200% definitely!!!! would have gone into administration

*The same thing had ALREADY HAPPENED to me with Newcastle. I owed a lot on monthly installments, the board gave me a huge budget the next season, I spent it and went into administration. Hence there is no way the board take into account what you already owe on transfers when setting new budgets. I'm not speculating here, I'm stating facts

Continue to dispute what I'm saying if you want, but we're just going round in circles here, so this is my last post of the thread.

We'll just have to agree to disagree unless you have screenshots or a savegame or someone from SI can clear this up one way or another ?

Also you do know the board must take into account some of things I've mentioned because they allow you to choose your transfer budget based on different expectations, each of which comes with its own riches i.e if you choose 'Top half finish' all they'd be expecting as income from that competition is the league prize money based on finishing position, however should you choose 'League Champions' then you not only get much more league prize money, but also the money that comes from being in the Champions League.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived