PPMs - How they could be implemented in regens, because as it stands, they cease to exist post 2020. An SI comment would be much loved :D

• SI Staff
Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

...others we should be able to train out of players - due you really want your left winger to always down the wing, when sometimes cutting inside would be the better option?

I don't think we should be able to train PPMs out of players. I'm pretty sure you can discourage a player to play how'd they like to. Lower creative freedom and change their individual instructions.

say for example if you play a wide formation and want your wingers to hug the touchline, but one has the cuts inside PPM, a way of encourging the player to lose that PPM would be nice

Lower creative freedom and tell him to cross from the byline.

Also if a player with argues with officals or dives into tackles (who cannot tackle) keep on getting sent off, have an option to tell them to calm down (again sucess depends on personality etc, - e.g. Paul Scholes still cannot tackle but it doesn't stop him trying).

I'd suggest you fine the player for poor discipline.

When players get older or develop their PPM's should change (appear/disappear) for example Ryan Giggs when he was younger would have run down the left, but now he's older and lost some pace, he should lose it. Or a young player who tried tricks when younger, but wasn't always successful and has now matured (mental atrributes have inceased - decisions, teamwork etc) and now realises tries tricks all the time isn't helpful and should lose it. (Not having a certain PPM doesn't mean they never do that, PPM just mean they'll do that more often than not).

I can see where you're coming from with this point and I quite like that idea. Part of me thinks they shouldn't have that PPM in the first place though. Worth thinking about though.

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Si BHA:

So I can't see any PPMs being linked to a players ability. Even giving players a PPM based on position is debatable, there's no reason why a defender wouldn't prefer to place his shots etc.

The spread and values of attributes could be used as modifiers to decide how likely a player is to have certain PPMs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly right - sorry if i wasn't clear:

I don't want every player with 20 for long shots to prefer hitting them.

Similarly i don't want every player with 2 for long shots to avoid hitting them.

I do however feel that a player with high long shots is more likely to have a PPM relating to this.

Similarly, i can see where Si BHA is coming from with regard to position, however if you look at existing PPMs i really can't think of a CB who has a PPM relating to his finishing - meaning either:

a) the player doesn't finish enough for him to have bothered thinking about it, or

b) there is not enough evidence for a researcher to decide if he has a PPM as he doesn't have enough chances to demonstrate it.

Either way, it shows that PPMs are very much relevant to position.

With regards to the Milan Barros comment: I think that PPMs and their generation should be related to decisions.

E.g. most of the world accept that barros is a moron, hence why after years he still dribbles to nowhere, therefore a player with high decisions is more likely to develop tactics related ppms than a moron who just plays how he wants regardless.

And yes, poor players still should get PPMs - if you read my opening post, i referred to one of the bonuses of PPMs as "provide much more of a man management challenge " for this exact reason, it's an enjoyable challenge having an idiot in your side icon_biggrin.gif

Archived