Hardcore Fans Percentage

kevinM182

I always thought that this showed how commited a fan-base the club had. I presumed that for example, if a club wasn't doing well, with a high hardcore fans percentage, they would still attract fans and fans would still buy merch. Could be wrong.

I always thought that this showed how commited a fan-base the club had. I presumed that for example, if a club wasn't doing well, with a high hardcore fans percentage, they would still attract fans and fans would still buy merch. Could be wrong.

I assume that's the affect it will have in the future, but as far as I'm aware it does absolutely nothing at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have FML, but I've been reading posts in their website to get clues about FM10.

Here's a comment by Marc Duffy and their plans for developing stadium atmosphere:

" a full 25,000 seater stadium is better than 25,000 in say a 60,000 stadium. A full 25,000 seater stadium with hardcore will be better than a full 25,000 seater stadium with prawn sandwich munchers.”Marc Duffy, Sports Interactive"

The official blogger states:

"Every fan type has an atmosphere rating, die hard fans are worth more than family and they are worth more than corporate fans, in terms of adding to the atmosphere. The calculation then looks at how many of each fan type attends a match and multiplies each attendance total by the atmosphere rating of that group to come up with an overall atmosphere score for the stadium. The final stage is to compare the total attendance with the total capacity (seats and terraces). Every empty seat will have a negative impact on the overall atmosphere rating. The present atmosphere rating for your club does not account for any empty stands, or empty blocks within stands...

...empty blocks and stands will be treated as though they were empty seats, adding to the overall size of the stadium. Effectively this will mean a rethink of the practice of building stands purely to accommodate a few corporate fans, while that practice may prove the most beneficial from an economic perspective it will have a negative impact on your stadiums atmosphere."

http://www.gameworldone.com/2009/09/03/stadium-atmosphere-clarification/

The blog tells us that these plans have been postponed for the latest version of FML. Maybe that means it won't be in FM10 but might be in FM11. But the blog does at least clarify the meaning of 'hardcore' and gives us insight into the intention of introducing 'stadium atmosphere'. It sounds like a terrific development, so if SI need more time to implement it properly, that all for the good.

Archived