FM 2009: FC København - The club of the city

Pozzati

463363.jpeg

F.C. Copenhagen (Danish: F.C. København, or FCK in short) is a Danish football club in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is part of the Parken Sport & Entertainment company who, among other things, also own the professional male and female teams of FCK Handball.

FCK plays in the Danish Superliga and is one of the most successful clubs in Danish football and the highest ranking Scandinavian club at the UEFA team rankings list, currently ranking as the 63rd best club in Europe. They have won seven Danish Superliga championships, four Danish Cup trophies, and the Scandinavian tournament Royal League twice. They qualified for the 2006-07 edition of the UEFA Champions League, for the first time in club history.

F.C. Copenhagen was founded in 1992, as a superstructure between 15-time Danish football champions Kjøbenhavns Boldklub (KB) and seven-time Danish football champions Boldklubben 1903, both clubs from Copenhagen. The club plays its matches at Parken Stadium, which also serves as the venue for Denmark national football team matches. Since its founding, F.C. Copenhagen has had a fierce rivalry with Copenhagen suburb club Brøndby IF, and the so-called "New Firm" games between the two sides attract the biggest crowds in Danish football.

Football Club København is in many ways both an old and a new club. Even though the club was established in 1992, it is nevertheless rooted in over 100 years of club tradition. F.C. Copenhagen is unique in Scandinavia, as the clubs first team actually represents two separate clubs: Kjøbenhavns Boldklub (KB) (mainland Europe's oldest football club) founded in 1876 and Boldklubben 1903 founded in 1903. The two Copenhagen clubs merged first teams to found F.C. Copenhagen on 1 July 1992. F.C. Copenhagen used B1903's club license to start its history in the top-flight Danish Superliga championship, while KB became the official reserve team of the club. With the rebuilding of the Parken Stadium, Denmark's national team stadium, the new club had a modern stadium to play at from its foundation. The initial ambition of the club was to continually qualify for one of the European competitions each season. The means to attain this goal were a solid economy, a big fan base, and an "attractive and positive style of football". (Source:Copied from Wikipedia)

SQUAD

1: Jesper Christiansen (GK)

2: Zdeněk Pospěch

3: Niclas Jensen

4: Hjalte Bo Nørregaard (captain)

5: Ulrik Laursen

7: Aílton Almeida

8: William Kvist

9: Morten Nordstrand

10: Jesper Grønkjær

11: César Santin

12: Peter Larsson

13: Atiba Hutchinson

14: Dame N'Doye

15: Mikael Antonsson

16: Thomas Kristensen

17: Oscar Wendt

20: Martin Vingaard

21: Johan Wiland (GK)

24: Libor Sionko

25: Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen

27: Thomas Delaney

28: Saban Özdogan

29: Danni Jensen

30: Jacob Albrechtsen

41: Nathan Coe (GK)

Chairman: Flemming Østergaard

Manager: Ståle Solbakken

Assistant Manager: Bård Wiggen

FM 2009 INFORMATION PAGE

Nation: Denmark

Year Founded: 1992

Chairman Status: Loves The Club

Legends: Flemming Østergaard, Peter Nielsen, Sibusiso Zuma, Lars Højer

Icons: Peter Møller, Tobias Linderoth, Michael Manniche, Diego Tur, Erik Mykland

Favoured Personnel: Michael Nielsen, Christian Poulsen, Michael Gravgaard, Marcus Allbäck, Niclas Jensen, Ståle Solbakken, Jesper Christiansen, Todi Jónsson, Hans Backe, Álvaro, Michael Johansen, Martin Johansen, Hjalte Bo Nørregaard

Fierce Rivals: Brøndby, Lyngby

Other Rivals: Hvidovre, AGF, Frem, B 93, FC Amager, FC Nordsjælland, OB, AaB

Finances: Secure

Average Ticket Price: £19

Average Season Ticket Price: £174

Season Ticket Holders: 9000

Estimated Value: £47M

Continental Competition: UEFA Cup

Media Prediction: 1st

Squad Personality: Ambitious

Captain: Ulrik Laursen (Although it's Hjalte Bo Nørregaard IRL)

Vice-Captain: Jesper Christiansen

Squad Review

Goalkeepers

Have a very good keeper in Christiansen. Is 30 and can keep on going for many years. Johan Wiland is a very good backup. A good competition. Nathan Coe is a decent number 3.

Defenders

Mathias Jørgensen is one of the best centre-back prospects on the game. Still young, but already good enough for the starters. Peter Larsson is a good partner. Laursen and Antonsson good enough backups, eventhough Laursen is slow as a turtle. For right back, Pospech is a decent player. No real competition there. The same goes for Wendt on the left. Niclas Jensen is a decent backup, but he doesn't get any younger.

Midfielders

A lot of good central midfielders. Nørregaard is the captain and the playmaker in the team. Hutchinson is very good offensively. Thomas Kristensen is decent, but too slow. More than good enough for a league-winning side, though. You also have Martin Vingaard who can play right, left and centre and uses both feet. Kvist is a hard worker which is needed when the other midfielders are offensive minded. A problem at FCK are the wingers. A good Sionko on the right, but noone on the left. Grønkjær is out for 7-8 months, so you need to go to the transfer market here depending on your tactics. César Santín can be utilized as left winger who cuts inside. You can also use Vingaard on the wings.

Forwards

Many good players here. Santín is already mention and he might be the best player in this team. Another good striker is Aílton. They are both fast and technical. Morten Nordstrand is a Denmark International and score from all angles. Nordstrand is a classical "poacher". Dame N'Doye is a young talented striker who can also play on the wings. You don't have to worry about the strikers in this team.

Squad Conclusion

First of all you need a defensive midfielder. A player who can do all the hardwork for the other midfielders. You can find a lot of good players in Norway like Kristofer Hæstad and Alexander Tettey for this role. I would also suggest backups for both of the full-backs. A left winger is much needed. Personally I play a 451 with Santin on the left wing. But that is only until Grønkjær is fit. Ochirosii can be a good call for the left wing. There are many strange rules in Denmark. One is that you MUST have 3 under 21 (But not under 18) on the bench. A stupid rule IMO, but it can be solved by purchasing young backups for the full back role. You can also use a young GK for the bench as you also MUST have a goalie there. Another rule is that you can not have more than 3 Non-EU in your match squad. You currently have 2 (Santín and Aílton)

Tactics

FC København is a team who can play in many different tactics. You have a few dilemma's, though. First of all you have two (or three or four) strikers which is very good. At the same time you have many decent central midfielders. So, play without wingers? You're in Denmark. Wingers are a part of the culture. And I think you should use Sionko and also Grønkjær when he's fit. I play like this:

GK: Christiansen

DR: Pospech

DL: Wendt

DC: Jørgensen

DC: Larsson

MC: Nørregaard

MC: Hutchinson

MC: Kvist

AMR: Sionko

AML: Santín

ST: Aílton

Sionko a more typical winger and Santín to cut in. I have in mind that Grønkjær is injured a long time. Then I have Nordstrand (and Santín) as backup for the striker, Doye for the AMR (and ST) and Vingaard for the AML.

So I think that FCK is a very flexible team.

Why FC København?

Probably the biggest team in Scandinavia. A bit larger than Rosenborg. And they also have lots of money. The challenge is not to win the domestic league. I think you should manage that easy. The challenge is to make the team a real competitive side for Europe. All the players from the Scandinavian Leagues wants to join FCK, and also many other good players already from the start. So are you up for it?

So anyone playing as FCK? Sitting on top of the league in my first season. Also ease my way through the UEFA Cup qualifiers... Bought a couple of players like Thiago Alcantara (Can not be used until April due to his young age), Magne Hoseth and Henning Hauger. Eventhough FCK have many good players already from the start, I try to get rid of a few... Namely Antonsson, Kristensen and Hutchinson. Would also like to self Laursen, and maybe Vingaard. Probably a mistake, but hey... It's not because they are bad players. Hutchinson is actually in the starting eleven and is doing very good. The reason why I want to sell them is because I can get a fair amount of money for these players, and because of the rules in the league. I also try to find a couple of backup (as said in the OP), but for now my team is OK, and I will try to rebuild a bit next season. For example reorganise my too (Stupid, I know) good midfield, and also some more competition on the wings.

Archived