Player Name Nationality Issue

Dave.

Hello there,

I'm currently in the process of creating a database to include the Isle of Wight as a new nation, replacing Malta, but have run into a fairly annoying issue. I've tried correcting everything I can think of; languages of cities, language of nation, etc. All languages are 100% English, so I would have assumed that the player names would also be English.

However, the players created by the Isle of Wight clubs (formally Maltese clubs) all have Maltese names, both the formerly existing players (with Real Player Names turned off) and the regens created.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody had any sort of advice or solution to this problem, and please let me know even if you doubt it would work!

Regards,

Dave.

Well, I think the only solution is to create a edt-file that produces names for regens of that nation. I'm not sure though, that it removes the old name-configuration, so you could end up with having a database, where both Maltese and Isle of Wight names are beeing used.

In the edt-file you have to create lines that use the following format:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "FIRST_NAME" "COMMON_NAME" "LAST_NAME" "DD-MM-YYYY" "NATIONALITY" "TEAM"

Archived